CROZET COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE (CCAC)
Wednesday, January 27 from 7:00 to 8:30 PM
Click here for PDF (printable) version of the agenda
This meeting is being held pursuant to and in compliance with Ordinance No. 20-A(14): An Ordinance to Ensure the Continuity of Government During the Covid-19 Disaster.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS MEETING
If you do not have Zoom already, download Zoom, it’s free!
Use this link https://albemarle-org.zoom.us/j/94571782297 to join the webinar.
BY PHONE/CALL-IN: Dial (301) 715-8592. Type in the Webinar ID: 945 7178 2297 followed by the pound (#) sign.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
1. Call to Order and Agenda Review. (Allie Pesch – CCAC chair; 3 minutes)
2. Approve last meeting’s minutes – (Minutes of December 9, 2020 Meeting; 2 minutes)
3. Committee Business. (Allie Pesch – CCAC chair; 10 minutes)
4. Discussion: Crozet Master Plan Transportation Recommendations (75 minutes; Staff: Kevin McDermott, Rachel Falkenstein, Tori Kanellopoulos)
Staff presentation of transportation analysis at December 9, 2020 CCAC meeting
Topics: ( Click here for draft transportation maps. )
- Summary of previous feedback
- Updated 2045 solutions
- Draft Transportation recommendations:
- Street network
- Bicycle & Pedestrian network
- Transit network
Next Regular Meeting: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
Documents from previous Crozet Master Plan meetings: November 12, 2020: Crozet Master Plan Land Use Engagement Summary (pdf); January Workshop Feedback Summary, February Events Feedback Summary
Draft Guiding Principles & Goals (5/7/2020)
Note: CCAC meets on the 2nd Wednesday of the month
The CCAC’s role and “charter” doc’s are found here:
CCAC Fact Sheet and committee information
CCAC Overview & Duties: https://www.albemarle.org/government/community-development/crozet-community-advisory-committee-v4
Crozet Community Association Meeting Agenda
January 14, 2021 at 7:30 PM
How to participate: Email CrozetCommunity@gmail.com to request the Zoom meeting ID and password. Don’t have Zoom? Download it by clicking here.
(Click here for PDF version of the agenda)
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting’s minutes (March 12, 2020; click here for PDF version of the minutes)
Treasurer’s Report (2021 Dues: Still just $10 annual contribution)
Presentation: Conservation easements and their benefits, Tori Kennedy, Conservation Partners, LLC
Update and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor
Old Business: Any?
- Election of CCA officers for 2021. Elected officers are: President: Tim Tolson, Vice-President: Lisa Goehler, Secretary: Jo Ann Perkins, and Treasurer: Emery Taylor.
Candidates must be present at this meeting or have spoken with a current officer about their willingness to serve if elected (Article II of the Bylaws).
- IF there is a Crozet Independence Day Celebration, it will be Saturday, July 3, 2021.
- Crozet Master Plan revision – concern about staff’s land use report to the planning commission.
- Peachtree Baseball Registration deadline is January 17, 2021. Details at https://peachtreebaseball.com
- The Crozet Community Advisory Committee (CCAC) meeting was postponed from Wednesday, Jan. 13, to Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 7:00 PM.
- Commercial Hazardous Waste Collection – Thursday, April 29, 2021. Qualifying businesses* must pre-register with MXI Environmental by April 22nd to obtain an appointment. To Register, call or email Peggy Snead at (276) 628-6636, extension 203 or firstname.lastname@example.org.” There is a fee associated with disposal.
- Household Hazardous waste on Friday & Saturday, April 30 and May 1 from 9A to 2P at IMUC
- Bulky Waste Amnesty days:
- Furniture/Mattresses – May 8, 2021
- Appliances – May 15, 2021
- Tires – May 22, 2021
- Electronic Waste Collection Day – Saturday, April 24, 2021 from 9 A to 3P at IMUC
- Details on website and http://www.rivanna.org/hhw/
The next CCA meeting is tentatively March 11, 2021 at 7:30 PM at the Field School
Join our email list by signing up at: http://CrozetCommunity.org/contact-us/
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.
Crozet Master Planning Meeting (virtual)
Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 6:00 PM
How to participate:
Join the Zoom Meeting at: https://albemarle-org.zoom.us/j/95408925626
Option 2 – Dial: US: 301 715 8592 or 877 853 5257 (Toll Free)
Webinar ID: 954 0892 5626
The staff report with the Crozet Master Plan Land Use Recommendations that they will be bringing to the Planning Commission are available by clicking here. The meeting agenda is available by clicking here.
The Crozet Community Advisory Committee (CCAC) passed this resolution after several public feedback sessions with staff regarding their recommended changes to our master plan’s land use sections. You can also view the CCAC’s votes on each of the proposed changes by clicking here.
As Allie Pesch, the CCAC chair, stated to the Planning Commission: “. . . staff did not make changes to their recommendations based on community or CCAC feedback. For just one example, in more than one meeting there was clear and overwhelming opposition to the inclusion of the 39.4-acre Pleasant Green development in the proposed downtown overlay district (primarily due to a lack of existing historic/affordable housing there), yet it is still in their recommendations.
Please attend this Planning Commission meeting and join the CCAC in insisting that the staff and planning commission listen to the Crozet community.