Crozet Community Meeting
September 11, 2014
7:30PM at the Field School
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting's minutes (May 8 2014) (Click here for draft of May 8 minutes)
Treasurer's Report by Emery Taylor ($10 family contribution for 2014 now payable)
Drop-in visit from Albemarle County Police officers (Evening Patrol Division) As part of the Albemarle County Police department community policing.
Presentations: Information about Ambulance billing and EMS Cost Recovery in Albemarle County by Kostas Albertis, WARS.
Update on Crozet Avenue Streetscape project and Crozet Safe Routes to School Sidewalk project by Albemarle County staffers Trevor Henry, Director of Facilities Development and Jack Kelsey, Transportation Engineer.
Updates and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor.
- Updates from the Crozet Park (Kim Guenther, Crozet Park President)
- Update on the Build Crozet Library fundraising (http://buildcrozetlibrary.org)
- Update on Barnes Lumber re-development proposal by Frank Stoner/Milestone Partners? http://www.barnes-lumber.com
- Recap of Fourth annual Crozet Independence Day Celebration. Next year's on Saturday, July 4, 2015!
- Replacing stolen "Welcome to Crozet" sign near RWSA treatment plant on Rte 240 (Three Notch'd Road)
- Revision of bylaws regarding voting on motions.
- Article VII: Motions made at a scheduled meeting will be presented, but not voted for acceptance until the subsequent scheduled meeting. The context of the motion will be communicated in the meeting minutes of the meeting in which it is presented and noted as being presented for vote at the subsequent meeting.
- AMEND to: (italics indicates added or changed text) Motions on new matters or topics made at a scheduled meeting will be presented, but not voted for acceptance until the subsequent scheduled meeting. The context of the motion will be communicated in the meeting minutes of the meeting in which it is presented and noted as being presented for vote at the subsequent meeting. The CCA website and email list will also be used to communicate about these pending motions. Motions involving the routine business of the CCA, (e.g., Good Neighbor Awards, Crozet Emblem stickers) may be made and moved in the same meeting.
- New Crozet emblem stickers and magnetic emblems. Asking for a $3. donation for the magnetic emblems.
- Other items?
Comments and Questions?
- Crozet Community Advisory Council meeting is next Wednesday, September 17 at 7:00 PM at the Crozet Library. NOTE the new day of the week (Third Wednesday) and location (Crozet Library). Everyone is encouraged to attend.
- Third Annual Crozet Culinary Competition for Charity (CCCC) on Thursday, September 18, at 6:00 PM at the Lodge at Old Trail. Tickets are $20. Available at the Lodge at Old Trail, the Senior Center or at the door. Benefits the Claudius Crozet Park. Volunteers needed! Please sign-up at: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E054CAEAA23A13-20141
- Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival, Saturday & Sunday, October 11 & 12. They will need your help to make it a success. So plan to attend and bring your co-workers and friends!
- Crozet Trails Crew (CTC) 5K run on October 11, 8:30 AM at Crozet Park.
Register to run/jog/walk: http://crozettrailscrew.org/crozet-trail-days/about-the-2014-ctc-5k-race/
If you wan to volunteer: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c084ea5ae22a13-crozet3
- Virginia Broadband (Internet access) Survey: Has released its report, available at: http://www.albemarle.org/navpages.asp?info=release&ID=17033
Future Agenda Items?
The next CCA meeting is November 13, 2014 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months (except July).
Join our email list, by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the top of this page.
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.