Crozet Community Association Meeting Agenda
September 9, 2021 at 7:30 PM
How to participate: Email CrozetCommunity@gmail.com to request the Zoom meeting ID and password.
Don’t have Zoom? Download it by clicking here.
(Click here for PDF version of the agenda)
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting’s minutes (January 14, 2021; click here for PDF version of the minutes)
Treasurer’s Report (2021 Dues: Still just $10 annual contribution)
Presentation: What’s involved in Crozet becoming an incorporated town? Drew Williams, AICP; Chief Executive Officer, The Berkley Group
Update and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor
- Re-cap of Crozet Independence Day Celebration held on July 3, 2021
- IF there is a Crozet Independence Day Celebration, it will be Saturday, July 2, 2022.
- Crozet Master Plan revision – Prepare for the public hearing at the Planning Commission regarding the final draft of the Crozet Master Plan on Tuesday, September 14 at 6pm.
- Submit feedback through the online questionnaire on public input at https://publicinput.com/M8451 (The final draft revision of the Crozet Master Plan is available at this link.)
- Submit your comments directly to Rachel Falkenstein, Planning Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send email comments to email@example.com ahead of time
- Information and instructions for joining are posted here: https://www.albemarle.org/Home/Components/Calendar/Event/1617/16?curm=9&cury=2021
- Sign up to speak (email Carolyn Shaffer, at firstname.lastname@example.org your name and what item you would like to comment on)
- Please also mark your calendars for Wednesday, October 20, which is tentatively the final public hearing for the Crozet Master Plan at the Board of Supervisors.
- The Joint County Advisory Committees (CAC) meeting, is Monday, September 27 at 6:30 pm. Please save the date! (https://www.albemarle.org/Home/Components/Calendar/Event/1641/16?curm=9&cury=2021
- Commercial Hazardous Waste Collection– Thursday, September 23, 2021. Qualifying businesses* must pre-register with MXI Environmental by April 22nd to obtain an appointment. To Register, call or email Peggy Snead at (276) 628-6636, extension 203 or email@example.com.” There is a fee associated with disposal.
- Household Hazardous waste on Friday & Saturday, September 24 and 25 from 9AM to 2PM at IMUC
- Bulky Waste Amnesty days:
- Furniture/Mattresses – October 2, 2021
- Appliances – October 9, 2021
- Tires – October 16, 2021
- Electronic Waste Collection Day– Saturday, September 18, 2021 from 9 A to 3P at IMUC
- You MUST pre-register: https://www.rivanna.org/ewaste/
- Details on website and http://www.rivanna.org/hhw/
- Beaver Creek Watershed Structure No. 1 Planning Study virtual meeting on Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 6:00 PM See their website for details and Zoom meeting information.
The next CCA meeting is tentatively November 11, 2021 at 7:30 PM
at the Crozet Park Community Building (aka old radio building)
Join our email list by signing up at: http://CrozetCommunity.org/contact-us/
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 2-4 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.