Crozet Community Meeting
December 11, 2014
7:30 PM at the Field School
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting's minutes (September 11, 2014) (Click here for draft of September 11 minutes)
Treasurer's Report by Emery Taylor ($10 family contribution for 2014 now payable)
Drop-in visit from Albemarle County Police officers (Evening Patrol Division) As part of the Albemarle County Police department community policing.
Updates and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor.
- Updates from the Crozet Park (Kim Guenther, Crozet Park President)
- Update on the Build Crozet Library fundraising (http://buildcrozetlibrary.org) (Bill Schrader, Build Crozet Library chairman)
- Update on Barnes Lumber re-development proposal by Frank Stoner/Milestone Partners? http://www.barnes-lumber.com
- RECOVERED: The ACPD recovered the "Welcome to Crozet" sign that was stolen from near RWSA treatment plant on Rte 240 (Three Notch'd Road) (thank you!) However, not before we had already replaced it.
- Motion was made by Jo Ann Perkins and seconded by Mike Marshall at our last meeting to reimburse me $375 for purchase of magnetic Crozet emblems (as invoiced). Per our bylaws, it was tabled. Is there a motion to resume consideration?
- Revision of bylaws regarding voting on motions. Here are the proposed revisions to the bylaws as discussed at our last meeting. (Current wording is available by clicking here. Thanks and acknowledgement to Jim Crosby for his assistance with the wording of these articles.)
- Article VI: Amendments to the Articles of Incorporation or these Bylaws may be proposed at any scheduled CCA meeting. Upon majority vote of approval, such proposed amendment must be placed on the agenda of the next regularly scheduled CCA meeting for a final majority vote for adoption. Such adoption shall become effective at the subsequent scheduled meeting following adoption.
- Article VII: Motions made at a scheduled meeting in the conduct of the general business shall be voted upon and moved for adoption by a majority vote of those present. Motions on new matters or topics of general community interest or impact made at a scheduled meeting may be presented at any scheduled CCA meeting. Upon majority vote of approval, such proposed amendment must be placed on the agenda of the next scheduled CCA meeting for a final majority vote for adoption. The context of the motion will be communicated in the meeting minutes of the meeting in which it is presented and noted as being presented for vote of adoption at the next subsequent meeting.
- New Article VIII: A quorum of 10 percent of the members who are current in their dues shall be required to conduct business at any meeting of the CCA.
- New Article IX: Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern the CCA conduct of meetings where they are not inconsistent with these Bylaws.
- To be clear in the use of our language – there is a distinction being made here between approval and adoption of a motion. As discussed at our September meeting:
- motions regarding the general business of the CCA (e.g., Good Neighbor Awards, Crozet Emblem stickers purchase) made be approved and adopted at the same meeting in which they are made.
- Motions to amend the bylaws or regarding larger community issues, (e.g,. to support the Crozet Master Plan) may be approved at one meeting, but then must wait for a vote to adopt at the next scheduled CCA meeting. So such a motion, after the first meeting may be said to be "approved, but not yet adopted".
- Election of CCA officers occurs at our next meeting, January 8, 2015. Nominations are open for President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Current officers are: President: Tim Tolson, Vice-President: Lisa Goehler, Secretary: Jo Ann Perkins, and Treasurer: Emery Taylor. Candidates must be present at the January 8 meeting or have spoken with a current officer about their willingness to serve if elected.
- Revision of Article II concerning when elections are held. Currently the second sentence says: Majority approval by attendees at the final meeting of the calendar year will constitute election. However, our practice for many years has been to hold elections on the first meeting of the year.
- Suggest it be revised (bolded italics indicates revision, otherwise it as currently worded) to say: Article II: Officers will be elected for a one-year term, commencing on the first meeting of the calendar year immediately following their election. Positions will consist of President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Candidates must be present at the election or have spoken with a current officer about their willingness to serve if elected. Majority approval by attendees at the first meeting of the calendar year will constitute election. Duties of the officers shall be as implied by their titles. All officers shall be responsible for keeping accurate records.
- Other items?
Comments and Questions?
- Crozet Community Advisory Council meeting is next Wednesday, December 17 at 7:00 PM at the Crozet Library. NOTE the new day of the week (Third Wednesday) and location (Crozet Library). Everyone is encouraged to attend.
- Join the Crozet Trails Crew (CTC) this Saturday, Dec. 13 starting at 9:30 AM, at the lower Westhall trail (go straight into Westhall, past Summerdean on your left, until you see the big dirt pile and a road stub on your left. That's the top of the trail.). CTC will bring tools, but wear sturdy shoes and work gloves.
Future Agenda Items?
The next CCA meeting is January 8, 2015 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months (except July).
Join our email list, by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the top of this page.
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.