CROZET COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE (CCAC) Meeting at Crozet Library
Wednesday, January 17 from 7:00 to 9:00 PM
Click here for PDF (printable) version of the agenda.
1. Agenda Review. (Dave Stoner– CCAC chair)
2. Approval of Minutes (Draft minutes of December 20, 2017 meeting)
3. Crozet Survey Results Presentation & Discussion (Crozet Survey Committee– Shawn Bird, Tom Guterbock, and Tim Tolson – 90 min) Go to Crozet Gazette article about the survey results by clicking here.
4. CCAC Discussion follow-up: WAHS Wireless Tower SUP (tentative – possibly push to Feb)
5. Items not listed on the agenda
6. Announcements & Future Agenda Items
7. Potential Future Agenda Items
- Feb – Albemarle County Stormwater Utility Plans Greg Harper, Env. Services Chief
- Feb – Western Park Master Plan Update (Bob Crickenberger, Albemarle County)
- Feb – WAHS Wireless Tower SUP supplemental information (ACPS, Milestone)
Mar – Follow-up discussion on Crozet Survey and Master Plan Update.
Mar – Crozet Drinking Water Infrastructure Plan Update(Mr. Mawyer ACSA/RWSA)
Mar – Officer elections
- TBD – Old Trail Historical Recap
- TBD-Albemarle County Economic Development Authority Invite
The CCAC’s role and “charter” doc’s are found here:
General CCAC info: http://www.albemarle.org/department.asp?department=cdd&relpage=4422
CCAC Overview & Duties: http://www.albemarle.org/upload/images/webapps/boards/bc/showrecs.asp?ID=12
Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority (RWSA), along with Faulconer Construction, will be performing water line repair work on Tuesday January 16, 2018. The repair will take place on Route 240 near Park Ridge Drive (the entrance to Western Ridge) in Crozet, VA and is scheduled to begin at 8:00 am. Traffic control will be present and will consist of a lane shift into the painted median, to minimize the impact on through traffic, however speeds may be reduced in the work area. Work is scheduled to end at 4:30pm and the normal traffic pattern will be restored.
Depending on issues encountered while the repair is being performed, work could take 1 to 3 days to complete. Should work extend into a second or third day, the same traffic control measures and work hours will be in effect. If the schedule needs to be significantly modified, the public will be notified of changes and any impact it might cause.
See the original notice from RWSA by clicking here
Crozet Community Meeting Agenda
January 11, 2018
7:30 PM at the Field School
(Click here for PDF version of the agenda)
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting’s minutes (November 11, 2017) (Click here for PDF version of the minutes)
Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) may visit and give an update. (Evening Patrol Division)
Proposal: Crozet as a place that explicitly welcomes diversity and inclusion. (Atieno Bird)
Updates and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor
- Updates from Claudius Crozet Park.
- Update from the Crozet Master Plan (CMP) survey committee.
- Update from the Downtown Crozet Initiative (DCI) – Next meeting Thursday, February 1 from Noon to 1:30 at Crozet Pizza. Details: http://downtowncrozetinitiative.com
- Election of CCA officers. Nominations are open for President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Current officers are: President: Tim Tolson, Vice-President: Lisa Goehler, Secretary: Jo Ann Perkins, and Treasurer: Emery Taylor. Candidates must be present at the January 11 meeting or have spoken with a current officer about their willingness to serve if elected.
- Rename DCI committee to Crozet Economic Development or similar since the DCI is now incorporated and seeking 501(c)3 status.
Comments or Questions?
Future Agenda Items?
- Crozet Community Advisory Committee (CCAC) meeting Wednesday, January 17 at 7:00 PM at the Crozet Library
- Peachtree Baseball Registration in person Tuesday, January 16, from 6:30 to 8:30 PM at the Field School. Further information at: http://www.peachtreebaseball.com/
The next CCA meeting is March 8, 2018 at 7:30 PM at the Field School
Join our email list by signing up at: http://CrozetCommunity.org/contact-us/
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.