CROZET COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE (CCAC)
Meeting at the Crozet Library
Wednesday, August 9, 2023 from 7:00 to 8:30 PM
1. Call to Order, Agenda Review, Introductions (5 minutes; Joe Fore, chair)
2. Approve last meeting’s minutes – (2 minutes; Joe Fore, chair)
- Minutes of June 14, 2023 meeting
- The July meeting of the CCAC was an all-CAC (Community Advisory Committee) meeting at the Albemarle County office building. See their agenda here.
3. Scheduled Presentation (35 minutes)
Moving Toward 2050 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) by Sandy Shackelford, Charlottesville-Albemarle Metropolitan Planning Organization
The Charlottesville-Albemarle MPO is in the process of updating the region’s long range transportation plan, Moving Toward 2050. The purpose of this plan is to identify priority transportation needs for the City of Charlottesville and urbanized portions of Albemarle County. CA-MPO staff will review the requirements of the plan and the planning process. A discussion with CAC members about needed transportation improvements will follow. Learn more at the Moving Toward 2050 website.
4. Board of Supervisors/Planning Commission Liaison Update (10 minute)
- Supervisor Ann Mallek and Planning Commissioner Lonnie Murray.
5. Other Business (20 minutes)
- Discussion of the Riparian Buffer Overlay District
- Debrief of July’s All-CAC Town Hall
6. Community Concerns (10 minutes)
Next Regular Meeting: September 13, 2023 at the Crozet Library
- Staff liaisons will be prepared, working with chairs to set agendas and provide necessary information.
- Committee members will come prepared having read provided materials.
- We will respect everyone’s time by starting and ending on time. We will work to set and follow agenda topic time allotments.
- Everyone is responsible for helping to stay on topic. Speak up if you feel like we’re getting off track and need to move an issue to a “parking lot” for possible future discussion.
- Everyone is encouraged to participate. You may be asked to share what you think, or we may ask for comments from those who haven’t spoken. It is always OK to “pass” when you are asked to share a comment.
- Listen respectfully, without interrupting. Listen actively and with an ear to understanding others’ views.
- One person speaks at a time. If you think you will forget an idea or question that comes to mind, write it down.
- Challenge ideas, not individuals.
The County staff posted this month’s agenda and other information at: https://www.albemarle.org/government/community-development/boards-and-commissions/crozet
Note: CCAC meets on the 2nd Wednesday of the month
CCAC Rules of Procedure: https://www.albemarle.org/home/showpublisheddocument/6192/637418068676530000