Crozet Community Association Meeting Agenda
March 9, 2023 at 7:30 PM
Claudius Crozet Park Community Building
(aka old WPED radio building)
Please enter Crozet Park through the front gate on Park Road and park on the basketball courts located behind the main facility and near the Community building. Please do not park along Hilltop Street or Indigo Road.
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting’s minutes (January 12, 2023; click here for PDF version of the minutes)
Treasurer’s Report (Dues are still just $10 for 2023!)
Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) may visit and give an update. (Evening Patrol Division)
- About the Project & Ways to Participate and Question and Answers
- Facilitated small group conversations to talk about community ideas for the future (worksheets and pens included).
- Full group reflection
–> Introduction to Albemarle County’s Comprehensive Plan update, known as AC44 (opens in YouTube)
Update and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor
- Update on possible Architecture School project to create design(s) for old Acme Visible Records
- Crozet Independence Day Celebration, Saturday, July 1, 2023!
- Planning has started, deposit on fireworks made! Event will be at Crozet Park this year.
- Volunteers needed to help with planning and putting on the event.
- Donations for fireworks – www.gofund.me/56597ad9.
- Spots are open on the Crozet Community Advisory Committee! Apply at or share: https://www.albemarle.org/government/board-of-supervisors/boards-commissions and clicks “Apply to Serve.”
- Household Hazardous waste on Friday & Saturday, April 21 & 22 from 9AM to 2PM at IMUC
- Bulky Waste Amnesty days:
- Furniture/Mattresses – April 29, 2023; Appliances – May 6, 2023; Tires – May 13, 2023
- Electronic Waste Collection Day– Saturday, April 15, 2023 from 9 A to 3P at IMUC
- You MUST pre-register: https://www.rivanna.org/ewaste/ Registration is already closed!
- Commercial Hazardous Waste Collection– Thursday, April 20, 2023. Qualifying businesses must pre-register with MXI Environmental by April 14th to obtain an appointment. To register, call or email Peggy Snead at (276) 628-6636, extension 203 or email@example.com. There is a fee associated with disposal.
- Details on their website at http://www.rivanna.org/hhw/
Future Agenda Items?
The next CCA meeting is May 11, 2023 at 7:30 PM
at the Crozet Park Community Building (aka old radio building)
Join our email list by signing up at: http://CrozetCommunity.org/contact-us/
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 1-4 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.