Crozet Community Association (CCA) Minutes of the
March 10, 2022
Claudius Crozet Park Community Building
(Please enter Crozet Park through the front gate on Park Road and park on the basketball courts located behind
the main facility and near the Community building. Please do not park along Hilltop Street or Indigo Road.)
Welcome: Tim Tolson, President, welcomed 12 people present and called the meeting to order at 7:32 PM
Agenda Review/Changes and additions from the floor. – None
Approval of the CCA’s minutes of September 9, 2021. – Unanimously approved
Treasurer’s Report: (2022 Dues: Still just $10 annual contribution). Tim reported that there was a total of $13,124.19 in the CCA bank account, of which $3,566.30 is CCA funds and $9,577.89 is CIDC funds. The CIDC made civic donations of $6,650 ($250-Crozet Fellowship Church; $900-CTC; $2,500-WARS; $3,000-CVFD; Crozet Park asked that their donation be put to first responders.)
Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD; Blue Ridge District Evening Patrol Division) attended the meeting. Lt. Jason Marden, Blue Ridge Deputy District Commander spoke. He is the new commander of the Blue Ridge district. Two other ACPD officers attended and answered questions.
Presentation: Claudius Crozet’s connections to Crozet and western Albemarle. Phil James
Phil James gave an informative and engaging presentation with a dozen images that gave those present an idea of the scope and impact that Claudius Crozet had on this area and places he stayed in the area. A Crozet Elementary school teacher was present and Mr. James offered to present about Mr. Crozet to the elementary school grades.
Update and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor
Supervisor Mallek talked very briefly about tax assessments and the county budget and process and then asked those present to share their concerns and priorities. Those present asked questions and offered suggestions. One suggestion was to have video speed cameras in all the school zones.
- Election of CCA officers for 2022. Current officers are: President: Tim Tolson, Vice-President: Lisa Goehler, Secretary: Jo Ann Perkins, and Acting Treasurer: Tim Tolson.
- Candidates must be present at this meeting or have spoken with a current officer about their willingness to serve if elected (Article II of the Bylaws).
- All current officers are willing to serve again. If someone knows of anyone interested and appropriate for treasurer, please let us know.
- Ann Mallek made a motion to accept the slate as presented. It was seconded and unanimously approved.
- Crozet Independence Day Celebration will be Saturday, July 2, 2022.
- Volunteers needed to help with planning and putting on the event.
New Business: Any?
- JAUNT is asking for your input on rider needs and improvements on existing service. Take their survey by going to: https://tinyurl.com/CrozetConnect2022
- Spots are still open on the Crozet Community Advisory Committee! Apply at or share this link https://www.albemarle.org/government/board-of-supervisors/boards-commissions and scroll down to “Apply to Serve.”
- Household Hazardous waste on Friday & Saturday, April 29 and 30 from 9AM to 2PM at IMUC
- Bulky Waste Amnesty days:
- Furniture/Mattresses – May 7, 2022
- Appliances – May 14, 2022
- Tires – May 21, 2022
- Electronic Waste Collection Day– Saturday, April 23, 2022 from 9A to 3P at IMUC
- Commercial Hazardous Waste Collection – Thursday, April 28, 2022. Qualifying businesses* must pre-register with MXI Environmental by April 22nd to obtain an appointment. To Register, call or email Peggy Snead at (276) 628-6636, extension 203 or firstname.lastname@example.org.” There is a fee associated with disposal.
Future Agenda Items? – None.
Meeting adjourned at 8:55 PM.
These minutes were prepared by Tim Tolson.
Tentatively, the next CCA meeting is May 12, 2022 at 7:30 PM
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months
Email us at: CrozetCommunity@gmail.com
Join our email list by signing up at: http://CrozetCommunity.org/contact-us/
These minutes of the March 10, 2022 meeting were unanimously approved at the September 8, 2022 meeting.
There was not a May 12, 2022 CCA meeting.