Crozet Community Association (CCA) Minutes of the
January 13, 2022
Virtual Meeting (via Zoom)
Welcome: Tim Tolson, President, welcomed 3 members at 7:31 PM, Jo Ann Perkins, CCA Secretary, and two community members. By 7:45 PM no one else had joined the meeting, so the meeting was postponed/adjourned until March. With only two community members, the election could not be held nor minutes of September 2021 meeting approved.
An informal discussion ensued with the three persons remaining until 8:10 PM with no one else joining the meeting.
Agenda Review/Changes and additions from the floor
Approval of the CCA’s minutes of September 9, 2021:
Treasurer’s Report: (2021 Dues: $10 annual contribution). Tim reported that there was a total of $19,661.03 in the CCA bank account, of which $3,511.30 is CCA funds and $13,457.89; Total: $16,969.19 ($3,900 donations outstanding). CIDC made civic donations of $6,650 ($250-Crozet Fellowship Church; $900-CTC; $2,500-WARS; $3,000-CVFD. (Crozet Park asked that their donation be put to first responders.)
Old Business: Any?
- Election of CCA officers for 2022. Current officers are: President: Tim Tolson, Vice-President: Lisa Goehler, Secretary: Jo Ann Perkins, and Acting Treasurer: Tim Tolson.
- Candidates must be present at this meeting or have spoken with a current officer about their willingness to serve if elected (Article II of the Bylaws).
- IF there is a Crozet Independence Day Celebration, it will be Saturday, July 2, 2022.
- Spots are open on the Crozet Community Advisory Committee! Apply at or share this link https://www.albemarle.org/government/board-of-supervisors/boards-commissions and scroll down to “Apply to Serve.”
- Peachtree Baseball Registration deadline is this Friday January 14, 2022. Details at https://peachtreebaseball.com
- Commercial Hazardous Waste Collection – Thursday, April 28, 2022. Qualifying businesses* must pre-register with MXI Environmental by April 22nd to obtain an appointment. To Register, call or email Peggy Snead at (276) 628-6636, extension 203 or email@example.com.” There is a fee associated with disposal.
- Household Hazardous waste on Friday & Saturday, April 29 and 30 from 9AM to 2PM at IMUC
- Bulky Waste Amnesty days:
- Furniture/Mattresses – May 7, 2022
- Appliances – May 14, 2022
- Tires – May 21, 2022
- Electronic Waste Collection Day– Saturday, April 23, 2022 from 9A to 3P at IMUC
Future Agenda Items.
Meeting adjourned at 8:32 PM.
These minutes were prepared by Jo Ann Z. Perkins
Tentatively, the next CCA meeting is November 11, 2021 at 7:30 PM
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months
Email us at: CrozetCommunity@gmail.com
Join our email list by signing up at: http://CrozetCommunity.org/contact-us/
There was no meeting on November 11, 2021. The January 13, 2022 was not completed because there were only two non-CCA officers present by 7:45 PM. With only two community members, the election could not be held nor minutes of September 9, 2021 meeting approved.
The minutes of the September 9, 2021 were unanimously approved by those attending the next CCA meeting on March 10, 2022.