Crozet Community Association (CCA) Minutes of the
January 14, 2021
Virtual Meeting (via Zoom)
Welcome: Tim Tolson, President, welcomed 11 members at 7:30 PM.
Agenda Review/Changes and additions from the floor: There none
Approval of the CCA’s minutes of March 14, 2020 : Only one person in attendance tonight was at March 2020 meeting. Those here agreed the minutes are accurate as provided. March 14, 2020 was the night before Governor Northrum instituted restricted meetings in Virginia in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
[NOTE: No meetings were held the rest of 2020, so no meeting on May 14, September 10, or November 12, 2020.]
Treasurer’s Report: (2018 Dues: $10 annual contribution). Emery Taylor, Treasurer, reported that there was a total of $19,369.11 in the CCA bank account, of which $1,993.10 was CCA funds and $17,376.01 were committed to the Crozet Independence Day Celebration (CIDC) fund. Tim Tolson apologized for not yet having made the planned donations to local charities which would bring the funds down close to $10,000 for the 2018 CIDC.
Presentation: Conservation easements and their benefits, Tori Kennedy, Conservation Partners, LLC (http://www.conservationpartnersllc.com/)
Tori mentioned the conservation easements, the benefits, Crozet Master Plan and plans ahead. In conservation easements, she explained the process necessary to go through to complete. Often times, these are as Individual landowners need. Benefits are providing a legacy and preserving natural resources and vistas. and as well as Federal and state tax benefits. Crozet needs to continue its ambition to provide walking avenues, preserving historic buildings and sites, stream health, tree canopy, and vegetation. In planning ahead, she was very complimentary of Albemarle’s ACEA and PDR projects. Keep the momentum going and encouraging neighbors also.
Updates and News from Ann Mallek, White Hall District supervisor:
She gave us an update on the county operations during this pandemic. Crozet Master plan Is Into drafting. She encouraged the community to stay alert to developments on the Master Plan to give suggestions. Planning Commission needs to work on solutions. She has been working with different groups to control the speed In certain areas of Crozet. She encouraged everyone who has a question to be sure to contact her.
- Jo Ann Perkins suggested that CCA try to market Crozet uniquely to all residents that we are a community who cares for each other by creating a word about Crozet….CROZETING. What It means to go Crozeting
- Election of CCA officers for 2021. Unanimously elected officers are: President: Tim Tolson, Vice-President: Lisa Goehler, Secretary: Jo Ann Perkins, and Treasurer: Vacant
- IF there is a Crozet Independence Day Celebration, it will be Saturday, July 3, 2021.
- Crozet Master Plan Revision: Concern about county staff land use report to Planning Commission.
- Plastic Benches: If Crozet can gather 500 pounds of unmolded plastic (No Meat Please In plastic) a company will give to the community for FREE a molded bench. According to Jo Ann Perkins, Waynesboro has already had at least four given to them from this company, Trex. More Information at Trex.com
- Peachtree Baseball Registration deadline is January 17, 2021. Details at https://peachtreebaseball.com
- CCAC Meeting: January 24. Check with county if there are any vacancies.
- Commercial Hazardous Waste Collection – Thursday, April 29, 2021. Qualifying businesses* must pre-register with MXI Environmental by April 22nd to obtain an appointment. To Register, call or email Peggy Snead at (276) 628-6636, extension 203 or firstname.lastname@example.org.” There is a fee associated with disposal.
- Household Hazardous waste on Friday & Saturday, April 30 and May 1 from 9AM to 2PM at IMUC
- Bulky Waste Amnesty days:
- Furniture/Mattresses – May 8, 2021
- Appliances – May 15, 2021
- Tires – May 22, 2021
- Electronic Waste Collection Day– Saturday, April 24, 2021 from 9 A to 3P at IMUC
Future Agenda Items. None given.
Meeting adjourned at 8:32 PM.
Respectively submitted by Jo Ann Z. Perkins
Tentatively, the next CCA meeting is March 11, 2021 at 7:30 PM
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months
Email us at: CrozetCommunity@gmail.com
Join our email list by signing up at: http://CrozetCommunity.org/contact-us/
These minutes were unanimously approved by those attending the September 9, 2021 CCA meeting.
There was no CCA meeting on January 14, 2021, March 11, 2021, nor May 13, 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.