Crozet 2020 Master Plan
Phase 2 – Events
Phase 2 of the Master Plan Update (Focus Areas & Design Strategies) will run through June with a number of opportunities to get involved. The goals for this phase include workshopping focus areas and specific topics, identifying an implementation framework and strategies, and designing the Master Plan’s policies and projects with the community.
Albemarle County has partnered with Retail Strategies to undertake a market study for Downtown Crozet. Jenn Gregory, President of Downtown Strategies for Retail Strategies, will facilitate two sessions and will collect information and collaborate with stakeholders on the future of Downtown Crozet. Please be prepared to share ideas, goals, concerns, challenges, and thoughts as we work together on planning for Downtown Crozet’s future.
If you’d like to attend, please click on the link for one of the following dates:
Tuesday, January 28 6:00-8:00 PM at Piedmont Place
Wednesday, January 29 12:00-1:30 at Crozet Library Meeting Room
Retail Strategies will be assessing topics, including Downtown Crozet’s vision, community image, economic diversification & commerce, commercial and residential growth, and future roadblocks and challenges. The final deliverable will be a strategic plan with recommendations for growth, economic impact, and progress.
Please note that the intent of a focused conversation is to provide an opportunity for in-depth, focused dialogue with the stakeholders most affected by this issue. If you’re unable to make it, an online feedback opportunity will be available afterwards.
Share your expertise and viewpoint with Albemarle County Planners
Participate in the online conversation by going to https://www.publicinput.com/imaginecrozet by Tuesday, January 28, 2020!
Save the Dates!
Upcoming Community Conversations
Upcoming Community Workshops
- Thursday, February 6th — Character & Land Use Workshop #2: Housing & Residential Land Use, from 6:30 – 8:00 pm at Western Albemarle High School Cafeteria
- Friday, February 21st — Housing Focused Conversation (TBD)
- Friday, March 27th — Architecture & Historic Preservation Focused Conversation (TBD)
- Wednesday, April 22nd — Connectivity Workshop, 6:30 to 8:00 PM, Western Albemarle High School Cafeteria
- Week of April 27th (TBD) — Downtown Crozet Focused Conversation #2
- Wednesday, May 27th — Conservation Workshop, 6:30 to 8:00 PM, Western Albemarle High School Cafeteria
- Wednesday, June 24 — Implementation and Summary Recommendations Workshop, 6:30 to 8:00 PM, Western Albemarle High School Cafeteria
Stay up-to-date on upcoming meetings and events. Sign up for the Crozet Master Plan A-mail list.
Do you have questions about the Crozet Master Plan? They’d love to hear from you. Please send your questions or comments to Neighborhood Planner, Andrew Knuppel