Downtown Crozet Initiative (DCI) presents
Design and Dine: Design Concepts for the future Crozet Community Plaza
Thursday, December 8 from 4:30 to 7:30 PM
at Piedmont Place (2025 Library Avenue)
Come view and provide thoughts on the proposed designs for the future Crozet Community Plaza. Get a sneak peek at Piedmont Place (before their grand opening on Saturday, December 10) and the new Crozet Bicycle Shop. Free food and beverage samples by Smoked BBQ, Morsel Compass and Starr Hill Brewery. Hot cider and a fire pit will be located at the proposed site of the plaza on the Barnes Lumber property.
For additional details and to let us know you’re coming, please visit our Facebook event page at: https://www.facebook.com/events/1841773719434966/
Can’t make the open house? Email us your ideas and suggestions to CrozetCommunity@gmail.com or post them to the DCI Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/downtowncrozetinitiative
The DCI is a committee of the Crozet Community Association (CCA).
CROZET COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE (CCAC) Meeting
Crozet Library, 2020 Library Avenue, Crozet
Wednesday, November 16, 2016 from 7:00 to 9:00 PM
Click here for PDF (printable) version of the agenda.
1. Agenda Review. (David Stoner – CCAC chair)
2. Approval of Minutes (Draft minutes of October 19, 2016 meeting)
3. Residential development pipeline, patterns, and zoning/proposed land use (Elaine Echols – 45 minutes)
4. Net v. Gross Density Calculations & Policy (Elaine Echols – 15 minutes)
5. Discuss Focus Areas Priorities (All – 45 minutes)
(Focus area liaisons please come with thoughts on “top 3-4” priorities/goals/actions)
6. Items not listed on the agenda
7. Announcements: DCI/Milestone Crozet Plaza Design Open House – Thursday, December 8, from 5:00 to 8:00 pm, at Piedmont Place
8. Future Agenda Items
The CCAC’s role and “charter” doc’s are found here:
General CCAC info: http://www.albemarle.org/department.asp?department=cdd&relpage=4422
CCAC Overview & Duties: http://www.albemarle.org/upload/images/webapps/boards/bc/showrecs.asp?ID=123
Crozet Community Meeting Agenda
November 10, 2016
7:30 PM at the Field School
(Click here for PDF version of the agenda)
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting’s minutes (September 8, 2016) (Click here for PDF version of the minutes)
A Moment in Crozet History – Unfortunately Phil James cannot be with us tonight.
Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) visit and update. (Evening Patrol Division)
Presentation: Barnes Lumber property phase 1 re-zoning and the issues with VDOT regarding the road network, parking, the Square, and the transect from downtown to the residential neighborhoods around it. (Frank Stoner, Milestone Properties)
Updates and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor.
- Motion from last meeting (9/8/16) “The CCA should be the lead organization in Master Plan Revision for Crozet and to do so by creating a committee to guide the revision and survey the community with Tom Loach as the chair of the committee.” Crozet Master Plan survey committee final adoption/rejection.
- Update from Downtown Crozet Initiative committee
- Visit website for details: www.downtowncrozetinitiative.com
- Additional CCA member on the Albemarle County Police Department Blue Ridge District Citizens Advisory Team. Meeting is Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 10 AM at Fifth Street office.
Comments or Questions?
Future Agenda Items?
- Election of CCA officers occurs at our next meeting, January 12, 2017. Nominations are open for President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Current officers are: President: Tim Tolson, Vice-President: Lisa Goehler, Secretary: Jo Ann Perkins, and Treasurer: Emery Taylor. Candidates must be present at the January 12 meeting or have spoken with a current officer about their willingness to serve if elected.
- Crozet Community Orchestra Concert this Sunday, November 13 at 4:00 PM at the Crozet Baptist Church. Free admission. Details: http://www.crozetcommunityorchestra.org
- Crozet Community Advisory Committee (CCAC) meeting Wednesday, November 16 at 7:00 PM at the Crozet Library. Details and notices on our website.
- Crozet Volunteer Fire Department Christmas Parade will be Sunday, December 4th at 3:00 PM
The next CCA meeting is January 12, 2017 at 7:30 PM at the Field School
Join our email list by signing up at: http://CrozetCommunity.org/contact-us/
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.
Crozet Park Expansion
Your input is necessary!
Almost three years ago the Park’s board of directors solicited input via online survey from the Crozet community and the County at large regarding ideas for new amenities at community-owned Claudius Crozet Park.
From that input significant capital improvements were triggered including new pavilions, a dog park, expanded parking and soon, a multipurpose perimeter trail. A pond-side amphitheater is planned for 2017.
We are now soliciting input on the largest of these capital improvements, a comprehensive expansion of the Park’s aquatic and fitness center. Your input will directly guide our efforts.
Please help us take this next big step by providing your input at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/facility-expansion
Thank you, 2016 Board of Directors, Claudius Crozet Park