- Household Hazardous Waste Special Collection is Friday, October 10, 2014 from 2pm – 6pm and Saturday, October 11, 2014 from 9am – 2pm. For information on what items are accepted for this event, click here.
- Commercial hazardous waste collection day is Friday, October 10, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. This special collection is only open to qualifying businesses and commercial establishments and not households. Click here for details.
- Furniture/Mattresses collection on Saturday, October 18, 2014
- Appliances on Saturday, October 25, 2014
- Tires on Saturday, November 1, 2014
► On October 26 from 3:00 to 7:00 pm Old Trail is having a Fall Festival at the Village Center with many activities and they will be selling food as well as wine and beer. All proceeds from the sale of beer and wine will benefit the Build Crozet Library Fund.
► Through October 28th, when you shop using Harris Teeter's Express Lane, your school will earn 10% of the order total! There is no limit to the number of times your school can utilize this offer, so bring in as many Express Lane orders as you can, while the promotion lasts! There is no better time than now to spread the word and get as many people linked to your school as possible to maximize the amount your school can earn through this limited time promotion. Use this link for hooking your VIC card up to your favorite local school http://www.harristeeter.com/community/together_in_education/link_to_your_school.aspx
► The Claudius Crozet Park Survey results are available at: http://www.crozetpark.org/2014-survey-results/
► Get the correct information about ambulance billing and EMS Cost Recovery in Albemarle County. Visit http://www.albemarle.org/emscostrecovery or call 434-296-5833. Key Fact: No one will ever be denied treatment or transport based on their ability to pay.
► Virginia Broadband (Internet access) survey results are available at: http://www.albemarle.org/navpages.asp?info=release&ID=17033
Crozet Community Advisory Council (CCAC) special meeting on Thursday, October 2nd at 7PM at the Field School.
The CCAC is hosting a meeting with Nate Cunningham, who comes to share his knowledge of Community Development Corporations (CDC), tomorrow, Thursday night, October 2 at 7:00 PM at the Field School (1408 Crozet Avenue; across from Crozet Elementary)
Developer Frank Stoner (Milestone Group; Barnes Lumber property development proposal) and Board of Supervisor representative Ann Mallek invited him to come speak to the CCAC and community in connection with ideas for developing the Barnes Lumber property, such as a public-private non-profit development corporation.
Nate Cunningham is the director of real estate development for the East Liberty Development, Inc. in Pittsburgh, PA. One article about their work is here: http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/print-edition/2011/09/09/developers-plan-project-east-liberty.html