The Fourth Annual Crozet Independence Day Parade, Celebration, and Fireworks
Saturday, July 5, 2014
It all starts with the Crozet Volunteer Fire Department (CVFD) parade at 5:00 PM at Crozet Elementary School and goes down Crozet Avenue through downtown Crozet to Claudius Crozet Park. Mr. V.L. James is the Parade Grand Marshall and the Richmond Shriners' ACCA Mini-Patrol cars are one of the many entries in the parade.
If you would like to be a part of the 2014 Crozet Fireman's parade, please submit your entry to be in the parade as soon as possible to ensure you are included in the lineup. Lineup will be based on a first come basis. Horses/livestock will be placed near or at the end of the parade. Lineup will begin at 4:00 P.M. at Crozet Elementary School and the parade ends at Claudius Crozet Park. The theme for the parade is ”Only in America!”. There will be field judging for Fire & Rescue apparatus at Claudius Crozet Park after the parade. Awards will be presented around 7:00 P.M.
The celebration begins at Claudius Crozet Park after the parade, where there will be live music by Abbey Road, a local Beatles Rock & Roll band, as well as rides and games for children, and the annual ball game between the Peachtree League coaches and the Crozet Fireman. Bring a lawn chair if you want to be comfortable as you watch the events. Traditional American Fourth of July fare will be available, including pork barbecue, hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, popcorn, apple pie, sno-cones and more. Crozet-area breweries and wineries will also be on hand, as well as 50/50 raffles, and prize drawings. Pam Garrison and Vinny Kice from HitKicker 99.7 will MC the event. Event culminates at 9:30 PM with a stupendous fireworks show. (We have it at 9:30 PM so it's late enough to be dark, but not too late to for the youngsters to view the show.)
All we ask is a donation of $3 per person (children 12 and under free) as you enter to park to help pay for the fireworks and event expenses. Further details at: http://facebook.com/Crozet.Independence.Day.Celebration The event is sponsored by the Crozet Volunteer Fire Department, Crozet Community Association, Claudius Crozet Park, Crozet Lions Club, White Hall Ruritans, Life Journey Church, Downtown Crozet Association, and several other area churches, and citizen volunteers
Making a Contribution
These events involve a lot of donated time from a lot of individuals, but they can’t happen without financial contributions, too. Of course, we appreciate all donations, but to boost our efforts to cover expenses, we have three leadership donor levels and we are hoping that you will show your support by becoming a lead patron this year.
- For a gift of $500 or more, we will prominently display your company banner you provide at the entrance to the park during the event, identify your patron status in the Crozet Gazette and event handbill and provide you with ten passes to the celebration in the park.
- For a gift of $250, you will receive acknowledgment in the Crozet Gazette and event handbill and four passes to the celebration in the park.
- And, for a gift of $100 you will receive two passes to the celebration in the park, published thanks in the Crozet Gazette and the event handbill.
July will be here before you know it. Won’t you join us by contributing whatever you can afford? If being a lead patron is too much this, please send whatever you can afford. Your contribution is tax-deductible charitable donation. Thank you!
- You can mail a check payable to: Downtown Crozet Association and send it to: DCA, P.O. Box 863, Crozet, VA 22932. Please put “CIDC donation” on the memo line.
- You can contribute right now, online, by clicking on this link:
- Please put "CIDC donation" in the Designation box.
- Thank you for your generous support!