Albemarle County officials including Supervisor Ann Mallek will join Crozet residents and business owners at a groundbreaking ceremony for the Crozet Streetscape project on Tuesday, April 1, at noon on Crozet Avenue in front of the new Crozet Library.
Fourth Annual Crozet Swing Dance Fundraiser
on Saturday, March 29, from 8 to 11 PM
at the Field School, 1408 Crozet Avenue
(across from Crozet Elementary)
RT. 29 ADVISORY PANEL MEETING
TO BE HELD 1 P.M., MARCH 27 IN CHARLOTTESVILLE
in the Main Auditorium at the Virginia Center for Transportation Innovation and Research, 530 Edgemont Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903
Public can attend the meeting or videoconferenced locations, view live webstream or recorded podcast
Thanks to Jim Duncan and his tweeting and website, RealCrozetVA.com there's a prompt and excellent recap of Thursday's CCAC meeting (March 20, 2014). Here's his summary:
Lots happened at the Crozet Community Advisory Council Meeting on 20 March 2014. Click through to read the embedding of the tweets from the meeting. Hopefully you find this helpful. I hope I captured everything accurately; between my tweets and Tim’s, there are 118 tweets in this story.
Household Hazard Waste Amnesty Days
The Rivanna Solid Waste Authority is holding a household hazardous waste collection event Saturday, March 15, from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm at RSWA’s Ivy Material Utilization Center (IMUC) located at 4576 Dick Woods Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903. The event is open to residents of Charlottesville City and Albemarle County. Hazardous materials exist in our homes in many seemingly innocent forms such as paints and stains, cleansers and polishes, motor oil and antifreeze, and pesticides and herbicides, to name only a few. For more information and a list of items that will be accepted at the event please visit http://rswa.avenue.org/household.htm
Three additional amnesty collection days will be held for the following items.
- Furniture/Mattresses on Saturday, March 22, 2014
- Appliances on Saturday, March 29, 2014
- Tires on Saturday, April 5, 2014
CROZET COMMUNITY ADVISORY COUNCIL (CCAC) Meeting
The Meadows Community Center, Crozet (5735 Meadows Dr.)
Thursday, March 20, 2014 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Agenda Click here for PDF Version
1. Agenda Review. (Meg Holden – CCAC chair)
2. Approval of Minutes from February 20, 2014 meeting.
3. Project Updates/Information:
* Library updates – Bill Schrader.
* CCAC officers and new CCAC members.
* Streetscape issues – including how we can continue to support local businesses during this time
* Restore'N Station
* Acme Visible Records
* Update and discussion of Downtown development (Barnes Lumber Property), pursuant to email with county comments (Click here for information summary on CCA website.)
* Discussion of commercial development in Old Trail (Compare to Crozet's Master Plan)
4. News concerning area schools which affects development area.
5. Future meeting date and place – Bill Schrader.
6. Items not listed on the agenda
* Fourth Annual Swing Dance fundraiser on Saturday, March 29.
8. Future Agenda Items.
The daytime closure (8 AM to 4:30 PM) of Tabor Street with detour continues Monday, March 31 through Friday, April 4. The road will be closed to through traffic but access to private property will be maintained from High Street during the closure. Complete closure of the road will speed up the proposed Tabor Street improvements and will result in a safer construction work zone.
- Tabor Street will be closed and the detour used only on weekdays between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM,
- The existing gravel surface of the detour route through the lumberyard is graded and additional stone added as necessary to provide a drivable surface acceptable to VDOT and maintained in that condition for the duration of the detour.
- Detour signage is provided as directed by VDOT. Traffic barrels will be place at 20-foot intervals to indicate the detour route. Please do NOT go via The Square.
- The road closure has been coordinated with the public school bus routing managers.
If you have concerns or questions about the Crozet Streetscape, Albemarle County's Project Manager is Frank Pohl.
He will hold office hours Wednesdays from Noon to 1:00 PM at the Crozet Library
A copy of that route is shown below.
Crozet Community Meeting
March 13, 2014
7:30PM at the Field School
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’a last meeting's minutes (January 9, 2014)
Treasurer's Report by Emery Taylor ($10 family contribution for 2014 now payable)
A Moment in Crozet History (Phil James)
Drop-in visit from Albemarle County Police officers (Evening Patrol Division) As part of the Albemarle County Police department community policing.
Presentation: Albemarle County Police Officer Andy Gluba, the Blue Ridge Division Crime Prevention Officer. About Community safety and preparedness.
Updates and news from our supervisor, Ann Mallek.