Albemarle County is pleased to present an update on the progress of the Crozet Streetscape Project as of January 31, 2014. Relocation of the utilities, including removing poles from Crozet Avenue, is now 100% complete in a critical first step of the project. The County has issued a Notice to Proceed to the project contractor, Linco, with an anticipated substantial completion date of October 2014. The Contractor should be on the ground in February, with noticeable work beginning in mid to late February. The County will announce the date of the ground breaking of construction and other key milestones as soon as they are available. Please keep track of the latest developments with the Crozet Streetscape via one or more of the following methods:
- Crozet streetscape website – www.albemarle.org/crozetstreetscape
- County Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Albemarle.County
- County Twitter – https://twitter.com/AlbemarleCounty
- Amail enews updates – sign up at http://www.albemarle.org/amail
· County Staff drop in hours – once construction begins, the County project manager, Frank Pohl, will be available on site in downtown Crozet on Tuesdays from 5-6 pm and Thursdays from 12-1 pm to answer questions and provide up to the minute information. A detailed schedule will be posted to the streetscape website after the project groundbreaking. NOTE: Frank Pohl gave a presentation at the January 9 CCA meeting on the Streetscape project. The PDF file of the slides from his presentation are available here.