The Crozet Community Advisory Council (CCAC) meets
Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 7:00 PM
at the Meadows Community Center (5735 Meadows Drive)
This is their regular monthly meeting, that was postponed from last Thursday, the usual third Thursday, to avoid the conflict with the Second Annual Crozet Culinary Competition for Charity.
Below is the agenda for thie meeting. One of the topics for discussion is the proposed Tourism Zone for Crozet. Here are two links for more information on this matter:
The Tourism Zone has been before the Board of Supervisors at the following meetings:
April 3 – http://www.albemarle.org/upload/images/Forms_Center/Departments/Board_of_Supervisors/Forms/Agenda/2013Files/0403/13.0_TourismFinancingES.pdf
June 5 – http://www.albemarle.org/upload/images/Forms_Center/Departments/Board_of_Supervisors/Forms/Agenda/2013Files/0605/09.1_TourismProgramES.pdf
If you have thoughts about the Crozet/Western Albemarle Tourism Zone, please plan to attend Thursday's meeting or send your thoughts to CrozetCAC@gmail.com
CCAC Agenda for September 26, 2013
1. Agenda Review. (Meg Holden – CCAC chair)
2. Approval of Minutes from June 19, 2013 meeting and August 15th meeting. (Click date to get minutes as a PDF file.)
3. Project Updates/Information:
• Update on the new Library and the library fundraising (Bill Schrader on fundraising and Lee Caitlin on use of the first floor).
• “Tourism Zone” issues
• Explain development rights between Crozet and White Hall
• Update on plans for the old library?
• Update on streetscape
• Update on plans for pedestrian crossing signal at Clover Lawn/Harris Teeter, seems nothing is happening there. (A copy of the June 19, 2013 CCAC Resolution Regarding Implementation of Traffic Measures on U.S. Route 250.)
• Update on Safe Routes to School project, with information specific
to the crossing at Crozet Elementary
4. Follow-up on the meeting at the Mud House with Ned Galloway – Beth Bassett
5. If Mike Marshall or Tim Tolson are present get feedback on the Independence Day Celebration
6. Change of meeting date and place (suggestion of Tuesdays at the new Library)
7. Items not listed on the agenda
9. Future Agenda Items.