Crozet Community Association (CCA) Agenda
September 12, 2013 at 7:30 PM
The Field School Auditorium
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’a last meeting's minutes (May 9, 2013)
Treasurer's Report by Emery Taylor (Annual family dues are $10)
A Moment in Crozet History (Phil James)
Possible Drop-in visit from Albemarle County Police officer (Evening Patrol Division) As part of the new Albemarle County Police department community policing.
Presentation: The Streetscape II project – road and sidewalk improvements to Crozet Avenue from the railroad bridge to Jarman’s Gap Road. (Albemarle County Staff – Trevor Henry and/or Jack Kelsey)
Updates and news from Board chair and our supervisor, Ann Mallek
• Update on the Build Crozet Library fundraising (http://buildcrozetlibrary.org; Bill Schrader)
• Updates from the Crozet Park and the Crozet Trails Crew (Phil Best; www.crozettrailscrew.org).
• Update on Crozet Safety Corps http://www.crozetsafetycorps.org
• Recap of Crozet Independence Day Parade, Celebration & Fireworks at the Park on July 6th
• Other items?
• Raising $1,000 to contribute to Crozet Library fundraising and get a leaf on the giving tree.
• Information on plans for use of old Crozet Library building (aka old train depot).
• Information from Albemarle County Policy Department about community safety
• Update about the environmental remediation at old Acme Visible Records plant.
- Also an information binder is kept at the Crozet Library Reference, ask at the desk.
- Public hearing on proposal for final remediation plan sometime this fall.
•Thoughts and concerns about proposed Western Albemarle Tourism Zone?
• Other items?
Comments and Questions?
• Meet Ned Gallaway, our county-wide representative on the Albemarle County School Board on Monday, September 16 anytime between 7PM and 8PM at the Crozet Mudhouse.
• 2nd Annual Crozet Culinary Competition, September 19, 2013 at the Lodge at Old Trail. Volunteers are needed to staff the event. This year it is a fundraiser for the Crozet Arts (http://CrozetArts.org; located in this building) and the Crozet Lions Club (http://clc.avenue.org) Ticket available here tonight! Please sign-up to help!
• Crozet Library Grand Opening Ceremony, Saturday, September 28, at 10:00 AM
• The Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival coming soon, October 12-13, and will need lots of volunteers. Signup to help at: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/70A0E48A4AF2EA75-fall/3812583 Be sure to attend and bring your friends and relatives from far and wide.
• The Field School’s annual Spirit Walk is October 18 and 19. They’re looking for volunteers to help play local characters from history. Contact headmaster Todd Burnett at Todd@FieldSchoolCV.net to participate as a character.
Future Agenda Items?
The next CCA meeting is November 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months (except July).