Crozet Community Association (CCA) Agenda
May 9, 2013 at 7:30 PM (Our usual start time)
The Field School Auditorium
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’a last meeting's minutes (March 14, 2013)
Treasurer's Report by Emery Taylor (Annual family dues are $10, payable tonight)
A Moment in Crozet History (Phil James). Unfortunately, Phil is unable to attend this month, so instead, we'll hear about this year's Crozet Farmer's Market from Mr. Al Minutolo
Possible Drop-in visit from Albemarle County Police officer (Evening Patrol Division) as part of the Albemarle County Police department community policing.
Presentation: AHIP’s Orchard Homes Housing Rehabilitation Project Update (Joyce Dudek, Associate Director, Community Development and Ravi Respeto, Development Director)
* Updates and news sent-in from Board chair and supervisor, Ann Mallek (unable to attend)
* Update on the Build Crozet Library fundraising (http://buildcrozetlibrary.org; Bill Schrader)
* Updates from the Crozet Park and the Crozet Trails Crew (CTC).
* Update on the Streetscape project and utility line re-location.
* Update on Crozet Safety Corp proposal. (Jim Crosby and/or Tom Loach).
* Fund raising for the CCA? How to raise money to be able to support other causes in Crozet?
* Other items?
* Good Neighbor Award suggestions.
* Crozet Independence Day Parade, Celebration & Fireworks at the Park: Saturday July 6th
o Next planning committee meeting, May 21 at 7:30 at the CVFD fire house (around back).
* Other items?
Comments and Questions?
* The Field School’s Bids and BBQ Bash on Friday, May 10, from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM here in the
auditorium of the Field School Music by Sarah White. Call the Field School:923-3435.
* Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival this weekend, May 11-12, needs your help.
Signup at: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0E48A4AF2EA75-spring
Then be sure to attend and bring your friends and relatives from far and wide.
* Crozet Community Advisory Council (CCAC) meets next Thursday, May 16, at 7:00 PM at the
Meadows Community Center (5735 Meadows Drive).
* The Western Albemarle Rescue Squad (WARS)will host an open house June 1 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The public is invited to talk with members, check out their equipment and tour the Squad’s facility on Crozet Avenue, opposite the Dairy Queen. There will be refreshments and handouts. For more information, call 823-5103 or 434-531-8814.
* WARS will begin an EMT class later in June that will meet Mondays, Wednesdays, and some Saturdays and complete in September. For more information, call 823-5103.
* Downtown Business Association is now the Crozet Board of Trade
Future Agenda Items?
The next CCA meeting is September 12, 2013 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months (except July).
Join our email list, by signing up at: