Crozet Community Association (CCA) Agenda
January 10, 2013 at 7:30 PM
The Field School Auditorium
(Click here for a PDF verson of this agenda)
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’a last meeting's minutes (November 8, 2012)
Treasurer's Report (Annual family dues are $10, payable tonight)
A Moment in Crozet History (Phil James)
Drop-in visit from Albemarle County Police officer Cpl. David Wallace. (Evening Patrol Division)
Presentation: Claudius Crozet Park master plan and updates, Kelly Strickland.
Update and news from our supervisor, Ann Mallek
- Update on the Build Crozet Library fundraising (http://buildcrozetlibrary.org; Bill Schrader)
- Update on the Crozet Trails Crew (http://crozettrailscrew.org; Jessica Mauzy)
- Crozet Historic District approved (Mike Marshall)
- Update on Restore’N Station project.
- Crozet 2013 Independence Day Celebration planning
- Election of CCA officers. Nominations are for President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Candidates must be present or have spoken with a current officer about their willingness to serve if elected.
Current officers are: President: Tim Tolson, Vice-President: Mary Rice, Secretary: Jo Ann Perkins, and Treasurer: Emery Taylor.
- Planning for the third annual Valentine’s Swing Dance, February 16, 2013 from 7PM to 11PM here at the Field School.
- Fund raising for the CCA? How to raise money to be able to support other causes in Crozet?
- Inquiry about Christmas tree in the Square status.
- There are vacancies on several Albemarle County Boards and Commissions, several of which are specifically for White Hall District residents. YOU are encouraged to apply. The more Crozet residents are involved and participating in the Countywide boards and commissions the more our voice will be heard and our needs taken into account. You can view the list of vacancies at: <http://albemarle.org/department.asp?department=bos&relpage=3206> And you can apply on-line at https://www.albemarle.org/boards/
- Other items?
Comments and Questions?
- Joint Community Advisory Council Town Hall meeting is this coming Monday, January 14 from 6:30 to 8:30 PM in Room 241 of Albemarle County Office Building on McIntire Road. NOT next THURSDAY, January 17. Everyone is encouraged to attend. Click here for agenda for this meeting.
- Peachtree Baseball Registration: Tuesday & Thursday, Jan 15 & 17 from 6:30 to 9:00 PM at the Old Trail Community Building or online at: http://www.peachtreebaseball.com Click here for their poster of information.
Future Agenda Items
Adjourn by 9:00 PM
Reminder: CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months.
The next CCA meeting is March 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium