Crozet Community Association (CCA) Meeting
September 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM
At the Field School, Crozet Avenue
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of last meeting's minutes (May 10, 2012)
Treasurer's Report (Emery Taylor) Annual family dues are $10, payable tonight
A Moment in Crozet History (Phil James)
Presentation of Good Neighbor Awards to:
1. Tom Loach
2. Scott Baker
Updates and News from our supervisor, Ann Mallek
- Update on the Build Crozet Library fundraising (http://buildcrozetlibrary.org; Bill Schrader)
- Report on Crozet Independence Day Celebration June 30. (Mike Marshall)
- Update on Crozet Historic District application process. (Mike Marshall)
- Update on Claudius Crozet Park including Grand opening of the pool dome, child care, skateboard trail, Work Day, and of course Arts & Crafts Festival (Jo Ann Perkins)
- CCA Website has new domain name! http://crozetcommunity.org AND email address; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other items?
- The First Annual Crozet Culinary Competition for Charity on Thursday, September 20, 5:30 to 7:30 PM at the Lodge at Old Trail. Volunteers are needed to help staff the event. This is a fundraiser for the new Crozet/Western Albemarle Library and Claudius Crozet Park pavilion replacement fund. (need to raise $20K in addition to augment insurance funds).
- There are vacancies on several Albemarle County Boards and Commissions, several of which are specifically for White Hall District residents. YOU are encourage to apply. The more Crozet residents are involved and participating in the County-wide boards and commissions the more our voice will be heard and our needs taken into account. You can view the list of vacancies at: http://albemarle.org/department.asp?department=bos&relpage=3206 And you can apply on-line at <https://www.albemarle.org/boards/>
- Other items?
Comments and Questions?
- Crozet Community Advisory Council meeting next WEDNESDAY, September 19 at 7:00 PM at The Meadows. Note date change is just this once. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
- The First Annual Crozet Culinary Competition for Charity on Thursday, September 20, 5:30 to 7:30 PM at the Lodge at Old Trail. You can get tickets from Tim Tolson, Lisa Goehler, or at the Lodge at Old Trail, da Luca Café & Wine Bar, Fardowners Restaurant, Southern Way Café, Bangkok ’99 or the Over the Moon Bookstore. http://t.co/4bAz0ox5
- The Field School’s Annual Blue and Silver dinner on Friday, September 28 at 6PM at the Field School. The cost is $60 per person and includes dinner, wine and beer. It’s one of the school’s major fundraisers. Call the school at 823-4353 to purchase tickets.
- Crozet Arts and Crafts Fall Festival, October 13-14 2012. http://crozetartsandcrafts.com
- QuickStart Famly Classic parent/child round robin tennis tournament on Sunday, October 21st to raise funds for the tennis courts at Claudius Crozet Park. Entry Fee is $25/team. For registration form, contact Ms. Lynda Harrill (434-244-9644) or email email@example.com
- Other items?
Future Agenda Items?
Adjourn by 9:00 PM
Our next meeting is November 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
We meet the second Thursday of the odd-numbered months (e.g., January, March; except July) at 7:30 PM .