The Albemarle Charlottesville Historical Society will host a free public lecture this Saturday, April 13 at 1pm at the Crozet Library with local historian and author Phil James. This event is entirely free and open to all. No tickets or reservations are required.
Public Hearing about Rte 240 Bridge Rehabilitation
on April 17, 2019 from 5 to 7 p.m.
at the Crozet Library, 2020 Library Avenue
The Virginia Department of Transportation invites the public to attend an upcoming design public hearing on the proposed rehabilitation of the Route 240 (Crozet Avenue) bridge over Lickinghole Creek in Albemarle County.
The hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, April 17 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Crozet Library, 2020 Library Avenue, Crozet.
At the open house-style hearing, VDOT staff will be available to discuss the project and answer questions. The public can review project plans, ask questions and obtain information about the project’s timeline, cost and travel impacts, as well as provide feedback on the project orally or in writing.
VDOT proposes to rehabilitate the existing substandard bridge and is presenting two construction alternatives for public input:
- The first alternative proposes to close Route 240 in both directions for six months with a detour in place. Traffic south of the bridge would use Route 250 (Rockfish Gap Turnpike) to Route 240 (Three Notched Road) to reach Crozet Avenue. Traffic north of the bridge will reverse the detour and use Three Notched Road to Rockfish Gap Turnpike.
- The second alternative involves a phased approach to construction. The bridge would be reduced to one lane and two-way traffic would be controlled by temporary traffic signals for at least eight months. Motorists would experience delays near the bridge site especially during rush hour with this alternative.
Written comments can also be submitted by mail to Howard Tomlinson, Project Manager, 1601 Orange Road, Culpeper, VA 22701 through April 27. Email comments can be sent to Howard.Tomlinson@vdot.virginia.gov.
Anyone requiring special assistance to attend and participate in this meeting may contact VDOT at 540-829-7500, 800-367-7623 or TTY/TDD 711.
More information about the projects can be found on VDOT’s website at http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/culpeper/240bridge.asp.
CROZET COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE (CCAC) Meeting at the Crozet Library
Wednesday, April 10 from 7:00 to 8:45 PM
1. Introductions and Agenda Review. (Allie Pesch – CCAC chair)
2. Approval of Minutes (Draft minutes of the March meeting)
3. Pleasant Green/West Glen Stream Crossing SUP Amendment (Jeremy Swink, Stanley Martin Homes – 30 min)
4. JAUNT Crozet Connect express shuttle service update (Brian Cohen, Mary Honeycutt, Stephen Johnson – 30 min)
5. Crozet Master Plan Content Review and Update Topics: Parks and Green Systems (Andrew Knuppel – 20 min)
6. Items Not Listed on the Agenda
8. Future Agenda Items:
- Rivanna Authorities – Crozet Area Update (Bill Mawyer, RWSA – June)
- Master Plan Content Review and Update Topics (Monthly through July)
Note: CCAC now meets on the 2nd Wednesday of the month
The CCAC’s role and “charter” doc’s are found here:
General CCAC info: http://www.albemarle.org/department.asp?department=cdd&relpage=4422
CCAC Overview & Duties: http://www.albemarle.org/upload/images/webapps/boards/bc/showrecs.asp?ID=12
Please join us Saturday, April 13th from 8:00AM – 1:00 PM for Sixth Annual Pitch-in at the Park! This event brings together volunteers throughout the community and makes it possible to complete many of the Park’s 2019 maintenance activities. For each activity, tools are provided along with any applicable instruction. Volunteers should bring work gloves, hat and sun screen. Water and lunch are provided to ALL volunteers.
Join community volunteers as they work on various improvement and beautification projects throughout the Claudius Crozet Park. Pitch-in at the Park is an opportunity to engage local residents to work side-by-side to help maintain our community-owned park. This is a significant effort and we need everyone’s help. Please sign-up at: http://crozetpark.org/volunteering
Hope to see you at the Park !
Board President, Claudius Crozet Park