On Thursday, February 26th from 7:00 to 8:00 AM have Coffee with a Cop at the Mudhouse in Crozet (5793 The Square, Crozet).
Blue Ridge District officers of the Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) will be there from 7:00 to 8:00 AM.
Two of the district officers who serve our geographic area look forward to talking to you and answering specific questions. There is no agenda and there are no presentations. This is just a chance to get to know your district officers. Coffee with a Cop is a casual setting designed for a comfortable conversation over a free cup of coffee!
As the ACPD continues their Geographic-Based Policing initiatives, the Albemarle County Police Department is committed to being an active participant in our community. They want citizens to know the officers who patrol their neighborhoods.
In case you weren’t aware, there is usually at least one district officer at our bi-monthly CCA meeting as well where you can get answers to your questions as well.
CROZET COMMUNITY ADVISORY COUNCIL (CCAC) Meeting
The Crozet Library Community Room Crozet (2020 Library Avenue)
Wednesday, February 18, 2015 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
1. Agenda Review. (Meg Holden – CCAC chair)
2. Approval of Minutes (Click here for draft January 21, 2015 meeting minutes.) not yet provided.
3. Project Updates/Information:
- Preliminary discussion about name changes for some streets in Crozet –Andy Slack GIS Specialist II
- Presentation regarding plans for use of old Moose Lodge – Dr. Schoeb
- Presentation about request for Special Use Permit to allow for continued polo matches at King Family Vineyards – David King
- Follow up from January meeting regarding Economic Development – Susan Stimart
- Discussion about Milestone Partners hosting a series of public meetings regarding key points of development on the former Barnes property – Frank Stoner (CLICK here for Milestone Partner's response to the CCAC's July 16 resolution concerning Barnes Lumber)
- Review of “ombudsman” roles and discussion about which areas members would like to focus on
4. Other items not on the agenda.
- Blue Ridge Patrol District will be hosting a Coffee with a Cop event at the Mud House in Crozet on February 26, 2015
- Reminder that the next CCAC meeting will be held at The Meadows on Wednesday March 18, 2015.
6.. Future Agenda Items.
You are invited to attend the unveiling of a look into Crozet's past
at 11:00 am on Saturday February 21st, 2015
at the Crozet Library.
Come early to meet the photographer Mr. Hubert Gentry and our own historian Mr. Phil James.
After the unveiling both Mr. Gentry and Mr. James will discuss the work and answer questions.
Free and open to the public and coffee will be available.
* Sponsored by your donations to the Build Crozet Library fund.
Click here to learn how you can be part of the story.
Shenanandoah National Park Superintendent talk
Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 7:00 PM at the Crozet Library
Come here Superintendent Jim Northup of Shenandoah National Park at the Crozet Library on Thursday February 5th at 7:00 pm. Over the course of a 34 year career with the National Park Service Superintendent Northup has been privileged to work in some of America's most beautiful, popular and complex parks, including Shenandoah, Grand Teton, Big Bend, Grand Canyon and Smokey Mountains National Parks.
Come listen to the library's special guest speak about our nearby national treasure.
This is one of the series of talks, dubbed the Crozet Soirée, at the Crozet Library. It is free and everyone is invited to attend,
No registration required.