CROZET COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE (CCAC)
Meeting at the Crozet Library
Wednesday, June 14, 2023 from 7:00 to 8:30 PM
1. Call to Order, Agenda Review, Introductions (5 minutes; Joe Fore, chair)
2. Approve last meeting’s minutes – (2 minutes; Joe Fore, chair)
- Minutes of May 10, 2023 meeting
- Video of May 10, 2023 meeting of the CCAC, courtesy of the Crozet Gazette
3. Meeting Norms and Agenda Structure (5 minutes; Allison Wrabel, Community Connecter [Albemarle County staff])
4. Broadband Focus Group (45 minutes; Jason Inofuentes, Albemarle County’s Broadband Accessibility and Affordability Office program manager)
- The Albemarle County Broadband Office, in coalition with community partners and organizations, including the City of Charlottesville and the University of Virginia, is working to close the digital divide by preparing a Regional Digital Equity Plan (RDEP). The goal is to assess community needs, identify specific barriers to broadband access and to develop realistic solutions to address these barriers.
- As part of this effort, the office is seeking to engage community members through focus groups led by County staff. These focus groups will give participants an opportunity to share their experiences with broadband access and discuss ways they would like to be able to utilize broadband access but cannot.
5. Crozet Trails Crew (10 minutes)
6. Board of Supervisors/Planning Commission Liaison Updates (10 minutes; Supervisor Ann Mallek and Planning Commissioner Lonnie Murray) This is time reserved for liaisons to share community announcements and project/policy updates
7. Community Concerns (10 minutes)
8. Other Committee Business (If time allows)
Next Regular Meeting: August 9, 2023 at the Crozet Library
- Staff liaisons will be prepared, working with chairs to set agendas and provide necessary information.
- Committee members will come prepared having read provided materials.
- We will respect everyone’s time by starting and ending on time. We will work to set and follow agenda topic time allotments.
- Everyone is responsible for helping to stay on topic. Speak up if you feel like we’re getting off track and need to move an issue to a “parking lot” for possible future discussion.
- Everyone is encouraged to participate. You may be asked to share what you think, or we may ask for comments from those who haven’t spoken. It is always OK to “pass” when you are asked to share a comment.
- Listen respectfully, without interrupting. Listen actively and with an ear to understanding others’ views.
- One person speaks at a time. If you think you will forget an idea or question that comes to mind, write it down.
- Challenge ideas, not individuals.
The County staff posted this month’s agenda and other information at: https://www.albemarle.org/government/community-development/boards-and-commissions/crozet
Note: CCAC meets on the 2nd Wednesday of the month
CCAC Rules of Procedure: https://www.albemarle.org/home/showpublisheddocument/6192/637418068676530000