Crozet Community Association Meeting Agenda
January 12, 2023 at 7:30 PM
Claudius Crozet Park Community Building
(aka old WPED radio building)
(Click here for PDF version of the agenda)
Please enter Crozet Park through the front gate on Park Road and park on the basketball courts located behind the main facility and near the Community building. Please do not park along Hilltop Street or Indigo Road.
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting’s minutes (November 10, 2022; click here for PDF version of the minutes)
Treasurer’s Report (Dues are still just $10 for 2023!)
Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) may visit and give an update. (Evening Patrol Division)
Presentation: Three Notched Trail plans & RAISE Grant (Allie Hill, Three Notched Trail Planning Group Chair)
See the article in the Crozet Gazette: https://www.crozetgazette.com/2022/09/02/three-notched-trail-awarded-raise-grant/
Update and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor
- Tom Loach’s motion: “That the CCA set up a survey committee, similar to the last one in 2017, to gauge the Crozet community’s support for each of the county’s AC44 options.” The vote on this motion was postponed to this January meeting because in November Tom was sick and unable to attend.
[Note: Per Article VII of the CCA bylaws, this motion is being presented at a second regular CCA meeting for discussion and vote, and if accepted, will be adopted.]
- If there is a Crozet Independence Day Celebration . . .
- Election of CCA officers for 2023. Nominations are open for President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Current officers are: President: Tim Tolson, Vice-President: Lisa Goehler, Secretary: Jo Ann Perkins, and Acting Treasurer: Tim Tolson. Candidates must be present at the January 12, 2023 meeting or have spoken with a current officer about their willingness to serve if elected (Article II of the Bylaws).
- Household Hazardous waste on Friday & Saturday, April 21 & 22 from 9AM to 2PM at IMUC
- Bulky Waste Amnesty days:
- Furniture/Mattresses – April 29, 2023; Appliances – May 6, 2023; Tires – May 13, 2023
- Electronic Waste Collection Day– Saturday, April 15, 2023 from 9 A to 3P at IMUC
- You MUST pre-register: https://www.rivanna.org/ewaste/ Registration is already closed!
- Commercial Hazardous Waste Collection– Thursday, April 20, 2022. Qualifying businesses must pre-register with MXI Environmental by April 14th to obtain an appointment. To register, call or email Peggy Snead at (276) 628-6636, extension 203 or email@example.com. There is a fee associated with disposal.
- Details on their websiteat http://www.rivanna.org/hhw/
Future Agenda Items?
The next CCA meeting is March 9, 2023 at 7:30 PM
at the Crozet Park Community Building (aka old radio building)
Join our email list by signing up at: http://CrozetCommunity.org/contact-us/
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 1-4 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.