Crozet Community Association Meeting Agenda
March 10, 2022 at 7:30 PM
Claudius Crozet Park Community Building
(aka old WPED radio building)
Please enter Crozet Park through the front gate on Park Road and park on the basketball courts located behind the main facility and near the Community building. Please do not park along Hilltop Street or Indigo Road.)
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting’s minutes (January 13, 2022; click here for PDF version of the minutes)
Treasurer’s Report (2022 Dues: Still just $10 annual contribution!)
CCA: $3,566.30, CIDC: $ $9,557.89 ; Total: $13,124.19
CIDC made civic donations of $6,650 ($250-Crozet Fellowship Church; $900-CTC; $2,500-WARS; $3,000-CVFD; Crozet Park asked that their donation be put to first responders.)
Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) may visit and give an update. (Evening Patrol Division)
Presentation: Claudius Crozet’s connections to Crozet and western Albemarle. Phil James
Update and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor
- Election of CCA officers for 2022. Current officers are: President: Tim Tolson, Vice-President: Lisa Goehler, Secretary: Jo Ann Perkins, and Acting Treasurer: Tim Tolson.
- Candidates must be present at this meeting or have spoken with a current officer about their willingness to serve if elected (Article II of the Bylaws)
- Crozet Independence Day Celebration will be Saturday, July 2, 2022
- Volunteers needed to help with planning and putting on the event.
New Business: Any?
- JAUNT is asking for your input on rider needs and improvements on existing service. Take their survey by going to: https://tinyurl.com/CrozetConnect2022
- Spots are still available on the Crozet Community Advisory Committee! Apply at or share this link https://www.albemarle.org/government/board-of-supervisors/boards-commissions and scroll down to “Apply to Serve.” Next review of candidates is early April, so apply by March 28th or so.
- Household Hazardous waste on Friday & Saturday, April 29 and 30 from 9AM to 2PM at IMUC
- Bulky Waste Amnesty days:
- Furniture/Mattresses – May 7, 2022; Appliances – May 14, 2022; Tires – May 21, 2022
- Electronic Waste Collection Day– Saturday, April 23, 2022 from 9 A to 3P at IMUC
- Commercial Hazardous Waste Collection – Thursday, April 28, 2022. Qualifying businesses must pre-register with MXI Environmental by April 21st to obtain an appointment. To register, call or email Peggy Snead at (276) 628-6636, extension 203 or firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a fee associated with disposal.
Future Agenda Items?
The next CCA meeting is May 12, 2022 at 7:30 PM
at the Crozet Park Community Building (aka old radio building)
Join our email list by signing up at: http://CrozetCommunity.org/contact-us/
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 1-4 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.