CROZET COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE (CCAC) Meeting at the Crozet Library
Wednesday, January 16 from 7:00 to 8:45 PM
Click here for PDF (printable) version of the agenda.
1. Introductions and Agenda Review. (Allie Pesch – CCAC chair)
2. Approval of Minutes (Draft minutes of the December meeting)
3. Western Albemarle Transportation Updates (Kevin McDermott, Albemarle County Transportation Principal Planner – 45 min)
4. Items Not Listed on the Agenda
6. Future Agenda Items:
- February 13, 2019: Western Albemarle Feeder Pattern School Capacity and Enrollment (Rosalyn Schmitt, ACPS Chief Operating Officer)
- Feb/March? Improvements and traffic flow changes coming to The Square (NIFI project status update)
Note: CCAC will meet on the 2nd Wednesday of the month going forward
The CCAC’s role and “charter” doc’s are found here:
General CCAC info: http://www.albemarle.org/department.asp?department=cdd&relpage=4422
CCAC Overview & Duties: http://www.albemarle.org/upload/images/webapps/boards/bc/showrecs.asp?ID=12
Crozet Community Meeting Agenda
January 10, 2019
7:30 PM at the Field School
(Click here for PDF version of the agenda)
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting’s minutes (November 8, 2018) (Click here for PDF version of the minutes)
Treasurer’s Report (2019 Dues: $10 annual contribution)
Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) may visit and give an update. (Evening Patrol Division)
A Moment in Crozet History – Phil James (Secrets of the Blue Ridge author)
Discussion: Infrastructure, growth, and congestion
Update and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor
- Election of CCA officers. Nominations are open for President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Current officers are: President: Tim Tolson, Vice-President: Lisa Goehler, Secretary: Jo Ann Perkins, and Treasurer: Emery Taylor. Candidates must be present at the January 10 meeting or have spoken with a current officer about their willingness to serve if elected.
- Updates from the ACPD Blue Ridge Citizen Advisory Team meeting.
- The Crozet Safety Corp, in November, passed a motion to dissolve itself and distribute its bank balance to the CCA, which was $1,269.55 We have a standing committee, the Safety and Security committee that can be re-invigorated if folks have interest to do so.
- Pursuit of 501(c)3 status.
- Crozet Community Advisory Committee (CCAC) meeting Wednesday, January 14, at 7:00 PM at the Crozet Library. Because of the Board of Supervisor’s meeting change, the CCAC will start meeting on the second Wednesday of the month in February, on the 13th.
- Peachtree Baseball League: In person registration is set for Tuesday, January 15th, 6:30-8:00 p.m. at Field School. Registration deadline is Friday, January 18. Details at: https://www.peachtreebaseball.com
- Crozet Trails Crew monthly meeting next Thursday, January 17 from 6:30 to 8:30 PM at Mi Rancho Mexican Restaurant, 1015 Heathercroft Circle (Old Trail). Details: https://www.crozettrailscrew.org
- Field School Blue & Silver Dinner and Auction, Saturday February 23 at 6PM. Details at https://wwwfieldschoolcv.net
The next CCA meeting is March 14, 2019 at 7:30 PM at the Field School
Join our email list by signing up at: http://CrozetCommunity.org/contact-us/
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.