The Downtown Crozet Initiative (DCI) committee
monthly meeting is now
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Noon to 2:00 PM
in the Crozet Library Community Room
Our regularly scheduled first Thursday of the month meeting (on 10/6) had to be moved to Wednesday, October 5, to accommodate Mahan Rykiel’s schedule. Mahan Rykiel is the landscape architecture firm hired to design the plaza and surrounding area with input from Crozet residents, business owners, and other stakeholders.
The DCI Committee will meet with Mahan Rykiel, the landscape architecture firm hired to design the plaza downtown, to discuss:
* Opportunities and constraints relating to the plaza design
* Master Plan options, specifically related to road and park locations
* Preliminary design concepts
Please join us to offer ideas or simply observe the progress.
Can’t make the meeting – email us your ideas and suggestions to CrozetCommunity@gmail.com or post them to our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/downtowncrozetinitiative
The DCI is a committee of the CCA.
Rivanna Solid Waste Authority (RWSA)
Hazardous Waste and Bulk Waste Amnesty Days
Starts Thursday, September 29 with business collection requiring pre-registration. (To participate in this event, businesses must pre-register with CARE Environmental Corp. via email with John Doffinger (John@careenv.com) or Jim McKenna (Jim@careenv.com) and there is a fee associated with disposal.)
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
at the Ivy Materials Utilization Center
is scheduled as follows:
Friday, September 30, 2016: 9am-2pm
Saturday, October 1, 2016: 9am-2pm
Find out the Household Hazardous Waste ACCEPTED ITEMS here.
and then the next three Saturdays in October are the Fall Bulky Waste Amnesty Days.
||October 8, 2016
||October 15, 2016
||October 22, 2016
Details on the Rivanna Water & Sewer Authority (RWSA) website: http://www.rivanna.org/hhw/
CROZET COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE (CCAC) Meeting
Crozet Library, 2020 Library Avenue, Crozet
Wednesday, September 21, 2016 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Click here for PDF (printable) version of the agenda.
1. Agenda Review. (David Stoner – CCAC chair)
2. Approval of Minutes (Draft minutes of August 17, 2016 meeting)
3. Discussion of Possible Expansion of Commuter Bus Service (Becca White, UVA & Brad Sheffield, Jaunt – 30 min)
4. Discussion with Planning Staff (Elaine Echols & David Benish – 40 min) [Click here for Meeting Minutes from August- Stoner-Echols-Benish meeting on Crozet Master Plan (CMP)]
- Population/build-out methodology and update
- Master Plan update efforts
- Staff-CAC relationships and working together
5. Barnes Lumber Rezoning Follow‑up Discussion (Elaine Echols and All – 30min)
6. Brief Update on Recent BOS and PC Actions (Ann Mallek, Jennie More & John – 10min) [Click here for summary document]
- West Glenn
- The Vue
- Foothills Crossing Next Phase
7. Finalize Focus Areas and Committee Liaison Roles (All – time permitting) [Click here for proposed roles]
8. Items not listed on the agenda
10. Future Agenda Items
The CCAC’s role and “charter” doc’s are found here:
General CCAC info: http://www.albemarle.org/department.asp?department=cdd&relpage=4422
CCAC Overview & Duties: http://www.albemarle.org/upload/images/webapps/boards/bc/showrecs.asp?ID=123
The Crozet Community Association’s Downtown Crozet Initiative (DCI) committee meets Thursday, September 15 from 3:00 to 5:00 PM at King Family Vineyards, in their library room. Mahan Rykiel, the landscape architecture firm hired for the design of the plaza, will be there for an informational session to gather details needed for the design of the plaza. They have been provided all the backgrounds materials from the Crozet Master Plan through the Barnes Lumber Town Hall meeting designs and discussions to the various Barnes Lumber property designs. All are welcome.
Crozet Community Meeting Agenda
September 8, 2016
7:30 PM at the Field School
(Click here for PDF version of the agenda)
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting’s minutes (May 12, 2016) (Click here for PDF version of the minutes)
Treasurer’s Report by Emery Taylor ($10 family contribution)
A Moment in Crozet History – Phil James
Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) visit and update (Evening Patrol Division) As part of the Albemarle County Police department community policing.
Presentation: Habitat for Humanity of Greater Charlottesville: Building Mixed-Income Communities at Wickham Pond by Garrett Trent, Volunteer Manager (http://www.cvillehabitat.org/)
An idea and survey for expansion of commuter bus service to UVa from Crozet: Becca White, Director of UVa Parking and Transportation; Brad Sheffield, Executive Director of JAUNT
Updates and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor.
- Re-cap of Crozet Independence Day Celebration on July 2, 2016
- Update from Downtown Crozet Initiative committee
- New Crozet survey for master plan revision. Volunteers?
Comments or Questions?
Future Agenda Items?
- Crozet Community Advisory Committee (CCAC) meeting Wednesday, September 21 at 7:00 PM at the Crozet Library. Details and notices on our website
- 2016 Citizens Fire & Rescue Academy-starting September 22. Details: http://www.acfirerescue.org or call 296-5833 to sign up!
- Rivanna Solid Waste Authority (RWSA) Hazardous Waste Amnesty Days start Thursday, September 29 with business collection requiring pre-registration. After that it’s household hazardous waste on Friday & Saturday, 9/30-31 and then the next three Saturdays in October. Details on our website and http://www.rivanna.org/hhw/
- Crozet Trails Crew Seventh Annual 5K Trail Race, Saturday October 8, at Crozet Park. Details: http://crozettrailscrew.org/events/
The next CCA meeting is November 10, 2016 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months (except July).
Join our email list, by clicking on the “Contact Us” link on the top of this page.
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.