Crozet Culinary Competition for Charity
Thursday, Sept. 17 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM
at the Lodge at Old Trail.
The Fourth Annual Crozet Culinary Competition for Charity is this Thursday, Sept. 17 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM. Four Local restaurant chefs compete for bragging rights and the coveted silver trophy. Raffle tickets give you a chance to win a seat at the Judges Table or The Tasting Table. There will be wonderful Hors d'oeuvres and desserts as well as a cash bar featuring local wines and micro brews.
All to benefit the Western Albemarle Rescue Squad (WARS).
Details at The Lodge at Old Trail at 434-823-9100 or email@example.com
- Tickets $20 in advance, $25 at the door. (SeeTim Tolson at Wednesday's CCAC meeting or get tickets at Fardowners or Sal's Restaurants or the Lodge at Old Trail)
- Volunteers needed to help make this event a success! Signup at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e054caeaa23a13-2015
It takes a village – give a half-hour or hour of your time and get in half-price, as well as giving back to the dedicated women and men who are always available to come when you have an emergency.
CROZET COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE (CCAC) Meeting
Crozet Library Community Room, 2020 Library Avenue, Crozet
Wednesday, Septeber 16, 2015 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
1. Agenda Review. (Jennie More – CCAC chair)
2. Approval of Minutes (Click here for August 19, 2015 meeting minutes.)
3. Project Updates/Information:
4. Items not listed on the agenda.
6.. Future Agenda Items.
Crozet Community Meeting
September 10, 2015
7:30 PM at the Field School
(Click here for PDF version of the agenda)
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting's minutes (May 14, 2015) )
Treasurer's Report by Emery Taylor ($10 family contribution)
Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) visit and update (Evening Patrol Division) As part of the Albemarle County Police department community policing.
Presentation: Barnes Lumber re-development/Downtown Crozet Initiative.
- Brief re-cap of the two community meetings (May 27 & June 11) and the additional design schematic by Nelson/Byrd Tim Tolson, CCA President
- Update on progress and next steps, Frank Stoner, Crozet New Town Associates and Milestone Partners
Updates and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor.
- Crozet Park updates.
- Crozet Independence Day Celebration recap.
- Sponsoring/hosting a candidates forum in October?
Comments or Questions?
- Open Community Forum on the use of body cameras by Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) on Tuesday, September 15 at 7:00 PM at the ACPD, 1600 Fifth Street, Room A.
- Crozet Community Advisory Committee (CCAC) meeting is Wednesday, September 16 at 7:00 PM at the Crozet Library.
- Presentation on Piedmont Place – a new development across from the Crozet Library, on the parcel where Claudius Place was planned several years ago. By Piedmont Realty Holdings- Drew and Michelle Holzwarth, Crozet residents.
- Fourth Annual Crozet Culinary Competition for Charity to benefit the Western Albemarle Rescue Squad at the Lodge at Old Trail on Thursday, September 17 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM – Local restaurant chefs compete for bragging rights and the coveted silver trophy. You may even win a seat at the Judges Table or The Tasting Table. Details at The Lodge at Old Trail at 434-823-9100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, September 28 at 7PM at the Crozet Library: Travel in time to Crozet’s yesteryears as Phil James, Leonard Sandridge and photographer, Hubert Gentry, speak about the moment captured in the photograph which hangs behind the library’s circulation desk in celebration of the second anniversary of the opening of the ‘new’ Crozet Library, exactly two years ago.
- Crozet Trails Crew (CTC) next workday is this Saturday, September 12th. Next monthly meeting is Thursday, September 24 at 6:30 PM at La Joya in Old Trail. Details at http://crozettrailscrew.org
- Albemarle’s Neighborhood Leadership Learning Series starts October 1, 5:30 to 7:30 PM at the County Office Building. First session is on Transportation. For additional details and to register, visit: http://www.albemarle.org/department.asp?department=neighborhoods
or contact Emily Kilroy (email@example.com)
Future Agenda Items?
The next CCA meeting is November 12, 2015 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months (except July).
Join our email list, by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the top of this page.
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.