On Tuesday, July 21, the Virginia Department of Transportation will close Route 671 (Millington Road) in western Albemarle County to replace a structurally deficient storm drainage pipe under the roadway.
The road will be closed at 9 a.m. approximately 0.3 mile north of Route 614 (Garth Road) and is expected to reopen the afternoon of July 22, weather permitting.
Through traffic should use an alternate route during the closure. Northbound motorists will be detoured west on Route 671 to Route 810 (Browns Gap Turnpike), and then right onto Route 674 (Clark Road), which carries traffic back to Route 671. Southbound motorists will reverse the detour.
Road and weather conditions, traffic camera feeds and other real-time travel information are available on the 511 Virginia website, the free VDOT 511 mobile app or by calling 511 from any phone in Virginia. Local updates are also on VDOT's Facebook and Twitter. Call 1-800-FOR-ROAD to report road problems or request information about Virginia’s highways.
CROZET COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE (CCAC) Meeting
Crozet Library Community Room, 2020 Library Avenue, Crozet
Wednesday, July 15, 2015 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
1. Agenda Review. (Jennie More – CCAC chair)
2. Approval of Minutes (Click here for June 17, 2015 meeting minutes.)
3. Project Updates/Information:
- Preview of graphic presentation that is available to give a better view of development in Crozet – Bob Pineo (20 minutes)
- Information about new signage for the Crozet Volunteer Fire Department – Tom Loach (15 minutes)
- Information about developers holding public meetings at CCAC – Jennie More and Emily Kilroy (10 minutes)
- Discussion about possible expansion of the growth area at the 29/64 interchange and what process is involved.
- Are there any implications for Crozet and exit 107 interchange – Tom Loach and Ann Mallek (15 minutes)
- Information and discussion regarding CDBG Planning Grant – Dave Stoner and Ann Mallek (20 minutes)
- Review/discussion about Community Meetings (30 minutes)
4. Items not listed on the agenda.
6.. Future Agenda Items.