Crozet Community Meeting
May 14, 2015
7:30 PM at the Field School
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting's minutes (March 12, 2015) (Click here for draft of March 12 minutes)
Treasurer's Report by Emery Taylor ($10 family contribution for 2015 now payable)
Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) visit and update (Evening Patrol Division) As part of the Albemarle County Police department community policing.
A Moment in Crozet History (Phil James)
Presentation: Plans for town hall style meetings on the Barnes Lumber property re-development and Downtown Crozet Initiative. Tim Tolson, CCA President
Two meetings: May 27 and June 11, each from 6:00 to 9:00 PM, at the Field School. Click here for details on CCA website
Updates and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor.
- Crozet Project Updates from Trevor Henry, Albemarle County Director of Facilities Development. (Update to be posted on CCA website after meeting).
- Tenants for old train depot/former Crozet Library and the other first floor space in the new Crozet Library. Click here for details.
- Updates from the Crozet Park (Kim Guenther, Crozet Park President)
- Recap of fifth annual Crozet Fundraising Swing Dance on March 14.
- Nominations of up to two local heroes to receive the annual CCA Good Neighbor Award?
- New subdivision planned for Crozet Avenue across from the Meadows. By-right development. (Details to be posted on CCA website after the meeting.)
- Funding pizza for Barnes Lumber town hall meetings?
Comments or Questions?
- Next planning meeting for this year’s Crozet Independence Day Celebration (CIDC) is Tuesday, May 19 at 7:30 PM at the Crozet Firehouse. All are welcome to attend.
- Crozet Community Advisory Council meeting is Wednesday, May 20 at 7:00 PM at the Crozet Library.
- Crozet Trails Crew (CTC) next workday is this Saturday, May 16th. Meet at the end of Fairwinds Lane in Western Ridge at 8:30 AM. Details: crozettrailscrew.org/events
- CTC’s next monthly meeting is Thursday, May 28, at 6:30 PM at La Joya in Old Trail.
- Crozet Elementary School Glow Run is tomorrow, May 15, 6:30 to 9:00 PM
- Crozet Car Show, May 30, 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM, Old Trail Village.
Future Agenda Items?
The next CCA meeting is September 10, 2015 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months (except July).
Join our email list, by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the top of this page.
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.