Crozet Community Meeting, January 9, 2014 at 7:30PM at the Field School
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’a last meeting's minutes (November 14, 2013) (Click here for PDF version of these minutes.)
Treasurer's Report by Emery Taylor ($10 family contribution for 2014 now payable)
A Moment in Crozet History (Phil James)
Possible Drop-in visits from Albemarle County Police officers (Evening Patrol Division) As part of the Albemarle County Police department community policing.
Presentation: Update and schedule of Crozet Streetscape work by Albemarle County staff. Follow status at: http://albemarle.org/CrozetStreetscape
Updates and news from our supervisor, Ann Mallek .
- Update on the Build Crozet Library fundraising (http://buildcrozetlibrary.org)
- Updates from the Crozet Park and the Crozet Trails Crew (www.crozettrailscrew.org)
- Final vote on motion to amend the CCA bylaws to remove the limit on the number of terms (years) a CCA officer may serve, that is, strike the words, “other than Treasurer, will have a maximum term of 3 years, and”. The new sentence would read “All officers shall be responsible for keeping accurate records.” thereby removing CCA officer term limits. This motion was made by Jim Crosby and seconded Lisa Goehler at our November 14, 2013 meeting.
- Information from the November 18 meeting regarding the environmental remediation and building removals at old Acme Visible Records plant (now the Wilson Jones property) are on the Crozet Community Association website (http://CrozetCommunity.org) and
- Click here for PDF of the Powerpoint presentation shown at November 18, 2013 public meeting.
- Also an information binder is kept at the Crozet Library, ask at the desk.
- Planning for Annual Swing Dance fundraiser on Saturday, March 29.
- Salute To Swing Band and beneficiaries will be WARS and CVFD? Others?
- Other items?
- Election of CCA officers. Nominations are for President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Current officers are: President: Tim Tolson, Vice-President: Mary Rice, Secretary: Jo Ann Perkins, and Treasurer: Emery Taylor. Candidates must be present or have spoken with a current officer about their willingness to serve if elected.
- Change of email list host. Broadband Network Services Incorporated (BNSI) has hosted our email list for free for decades. They have exited this service and I’ve moved our email list to “mailchimp” It still will be moderated and thereby protected from spam, and it will be easier to subscribe and unsubscribe. We have about 250 folks currently subscribed.
- Other items?
Comments and Questions?
- Crozet Community Advisory Council meeting next Thursday, January 16 at 7:00 PM at The Meadows. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
- Energy checkup and makeover with LEAP (Local Energy Alliance Program) in Crozet January 6-17. LEAP is looking for folks who want to have energy checkups. Visit http://leap-va.org/checkup or call 434-227-4666 to get more information and/or sign-up. If you sign-up, please put "Crozet Community Association" in the box and we'll get a $10 donation as part of your energy check-up!
- The Peachtree Baseball League is holding 2013 season registration this Tuesday and Thursday, January 7 and 9th at the Field School between 6:30 and 8:30 PM. You can download the registration form from www.peachtreebaseball.com
They are also looking for coaches to help coach the more than 400 kids who play!
Future Agenda Items?
The next CCA meeting is March 13, 2014 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months (except July).