CROZET COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE (CCAC) Meeting at the Crozet Library
Wednesday, March 11 from 7:00 to 8:45 PM
Click here for PDF (printable) version of the agenda.
1. Introductions and Agenda Review. (Allie Pesch – CCAC chair)
2. Approval of Minutes (Draft minutes of the February meeting)
3. Little Explorers Discovery School Special Use Permit Presentation (Christi Gillette –40 minutes)
4. Wild Turkey Lane Tier III Personal Wireless Service Facility Special Use Permit Presentation (Lori Schweller – 40 minutes)
5. Items Not Listed on the Agenda
a. *Special CCAC Meeting* Crozet Master Plan Revision Discussion: Wednesday, March 25, 7 – 8:30 p.m. at the Meadows
b. Crozet Master Plan Community Workshop: Wednesday, April 22, 6:30 – 8 p.m. at WAHS
Note: CCAC meets on the 2nd Wednesday of the month
The CCAC’s role and “charter” doc’s are found here:
General CCAC info: http://www.albemarle.org/department.asp?department=cdd&relpage=4422
CCAC Overview & Duties: http://www.albemarle.org/upload/images/webapps/boards/bc/showrecs.asp?ID=12
Crozet Community Association Meeting Agenda
March 12, 2020
7:30 PM at the Crozet Park Community Building
(Note the change of location – Please enter Crozet Park through the front gate on Park Road and
park on the basketball courts located behind the main facility.
Please do not park along Hilltop Street.)
(Click here for PDF version of the agenda)
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting’s minutes (January 9, 2020; Click here for PDF version of the minutes)
Treasurer’s Report (2020 Dues: Still just $10 annual contribution)
Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) may visit and give an update. (Evening Patrol Division)
A Moment in Crozet History – Phil James
Presentation: Crozet Park Update. (Chad Mitchell, Jennifer Sellers, Bill Johnson, Karl Pomeroy, Drew Holzwarth, Kim Guenther).
- New Facility Design (15) — Drew
- New Facility Capital Campaign Kick-off Event (10) — Jennifer
- Pond Study — why are we doing this and study results (5-10) — Karl
- Shed Replacement — what’s the new design (5) — Chad
- Lower Playground Replacement (5) — Kim
- Q&A — (10-15)
Update and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor
New Business: Planning for Crozet Independence Day Celebration, Saturday, July 4, 2020! Volunteers needed to help organize the event.
- Peachtree Opening Ceremonies, Saturday, March 21, at Crozet Park Lower Field. Details:peachtreebaseball.com
- Crozet Community Advisory Committee Land Use Worksession – Wednesday, March 25, 2020 from 7:00 to 8:30 PM in the Meadows Community Room
- CCAC has member openings. Seven members whose term expire and one vacancy. Some of the seven members may not be able to re-apply. Members are appointed by the Board of Supervisors.
- Rivanna Solid Waste Authority Hazardous Waste Amnesty Days start Thursday, May 14 with business collection requiring pre-registration with MXI Environmental by May 7th to obtain an appointment. To register, call or email: Scott Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-818-4261. There is a fee associated with disposal.
- Household Hazardous waste on Friday & Saturday, May 15 and 16 from 9A to 2P at IMUC
- Bulky Waste Amnesty days:
- Furniture/Mattresses – May 30, 2020
- Appliances – June 6, 2020
- Tires – June 20, 2020
- Electronic Waste Collection Day – Saturday, June 13, 2020 from 9 A to 3P at IMUC
- Details on our website and http://www.rivanna.org/hhw/
- The Mint Spring Spillway Repair project: If you haven’t been at Mint Springs County park recently, you have not seen that the upper lake is being drained into the lower (middle lake). The general scope of work is to repair the existing spillway due to its lack of stability and quickly eroding outfall area. Facility and Environmental Service Department has procured services with one of the County’s term site contractors (Harbor Dredge and Dock) to complete the spillway repairs and the replacement of the overflow culvert pipes leading to the lower lake. In order to safely perform this work, Parks and Rec staff began the lowering the upper lake Tuesday March 3rd and the site contractor is schedule to start work Monday March 9th. Over the next three weeks the upper lake water level will be lowered and certain areas will be closed to the general public. The closed areas will be posted with orange safety fencing and signage stating “DANGER Construction Area No Trespassing.” We apologize for the inconvenience, but it is the County’s goal to keep the areas safe for the community for future years to come. (Per Amy Smith <ASmith@albemarle.org>)
The next CCA meeting is May 14, 2020 at 7:30 PM at the Field School
Join our email list by signing up at: http://CrozetCommunity.org/contact-us/
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.