Crozet Community Association Meeting Agenda
May 9, 2019
7:30 PM at the Field School
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting’s minutes (March 14, 2019) (Click here for PDF version of the minutes)
Treasurer’s Report (2019 Dues: $10 annual contribution)
Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) may visit and give an update. (Evening Patrol Division)
A Moment in Crozet History – Phil James (Secrets of the Blue Ridge author)
Update and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor
Presentation: JAUNT Crozet Connect express shuttle service update, including preliminary/tentative routes and stops. (Brian Cohen, JAUNT Public Relations Manager)
Presentation: Crozet Master Plan update process (Andrew Knuppel, Albemarle County Neighborhood Planner)
- Update from Blue Ridge Citizens Advisory Team meeting Wednesday, May 8.
- Update on Acme Visible Records property environmental remediation schedule for May 2019. (September 2018 letter about environmental remediation progress)
- Good neighbor award nominations. Possibilities?
- Volunteers to help with Crozet Independence Day Celebration to be held Saturday, June 29. Can be fundraiser for civic groups, for example, helping at the admission gate.
- The Crozet Arts & Crafts Festival this weekend needs volunteers. Please sign-up to help at http://crozetfestival.com/get-involved/volunteer/ You get free admission to the Festival just for donating your time!
- Crozet Artisans’ Second Saturday, May 11. Join local artisans each Second Saturday for art events that explore, teach, demonstrate, introduce, inspire, and celebrate the wonder of art and the bounty of talented artists in our region. Details by clicking here.
- The last of Spring Bulky Waste Amnesty Days: Appliances – May 11; Tires – May 18. 8:30 AM to 4PM both days. Ivy Material Utilization Center (Details: household-hazardous-waste-and-bulky-waste-amnesty-days-spring-2019/
- Thursday, May 30: Veterans Benefits Open House at the Earlysville Fire House. 7 – 9 pm. All veterans, active duty service men and women and their families are invited to meet veteran services organizations who care for veterans. Reps will provide information about their services. Mission BBQ will provide food. For more info contact Michael Reichard at 757.753.7810
- Crozet Community Orchestra Concert, Saturday, June 1 at 7:30 PM at the Crozet Baptist Church. Details at: https://crozetcommunityorchestra.org/
- Charlottesville Municipal Band, Tuesday, June 4 at 7:30 PM. The 97th Summer Season Concert #1 at Claudius Crozet Park. FREE! Details at: http://cvilleband.org/wp/event/97th-summer-season-concert-1/
- State Farm Neighborhood Assist® helps even the smallest of causes make a big impact in their communities. The program awards $25,000 grants to 40 nonprofit organizations to help fund neighborhood projects involved in Education, Safety, and Community Development. It accepts 2,000 submissions starting June 5th . Details: https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/
- Crozet Car Show, Saturday June 8, starting at 9:00 AM at the Claudius Crozet Park! Details at: https://www.facebook.com/crozetcarshow
The next CCA meeting is September 12, 2019 at 7:30 PM at the Field School
Join our email list by signing up at: http://CrozetCommunity.org/contact-us/
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.