Crozet Community Meeting
November 12, 2015
7:30 PM at the Field School
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting's minutes (September 10, 2015) (Click here for PDF version of the minutes)
Treasurer's Report by Emery Taylor ($10 family contribution)
A Moment in Crozet History – Phil James
Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) visit and update (Evening Patrol Division) As part of the Albemarle County Police department community policing.
Presentation: Piedmont Place – Piedmont Realty Holdings: Drew and Michelle Holzwarth, Crozet residents. A new development across from the Crozet Library, on the parcel where Claudius Place was planned several years ago.
- Crozet Park update – Kim Guenther
- Recap of local candidates forum hosted by CCA October 13.
- Final action on motion that the Downtown Crozet Initiative (DCI) group be a CCA sub-committee (combining the development and business standing committees in the bylaws) to help provide input and guidance on Crozet Downtown development, especially the re-development of Barnes Lumber property and the new central plaza and downtown civic space a reality.
- Background about the DCI may be found at the website: www.downtowncrozetinitiative.com
- Train noise adverse impacts and proposal – Jennifer and Hunter Opilla.
- Election of CCA officers occurs at our next meeting, January 14, 2016. Nominations are open for President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Current officers are: President: Tim Tolson, Vice-President: Lisa Goehler, Secretary: Jo Ann Perkins, and Treasurer: Emery Taylor. Candidates must be present at the January 14 meeting or have spoken with a current officer about their willingness to serve if elected.
Comments or Questions?
- Crozet Community Orchestra Concert -Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 4:00 pm at Crozet Baptist Church, 5804 Crozet Avenue, Crozet VA, 22932. For details visit: http://crozetcommunityorchestra.org/
- Crozet Community Advisory Committee (CCAC) meeting is CANCELLED for Wednesday, November 18 at 7:00 PM. Next meeting is December 16.
- Adelaide – A new 98 Unit development immediately to the west of Cory Farm is beginning the county re-zoning process. (Kyle Redinger)
Future Agenda Items?
The next CCA meeting is January 14, 2016 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months (except July).
Join our email list, by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the top of this page.
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.