Crozet Community Meeting
March 12, 2015
7:30 PM at the Field School
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting's minutes (January 8, 2015) (Click here for draft of January 8, 2015 minutes)
Treasurer's Report by Emery Taylor ($10 family contribution for 2015 now payable)
Drop-in visit from Albemarle County Police officers (Evening Patrol Division) As part of the Albemarle County Police department community policing.
A Moment in Crozet History (Phil James)
- Update on merger of Downtown Crozet Association and Crozet Community Association. At this time we don’t’ recommend it. Doesn’t appear to be advantages to either group.
New Business: Planning series of Town Hall style meetings about Barnes Lumber property re-development.
Presentation: Ann Mallek's Town Hall Meeting
Future Agenda Items?
- First planning meeting for this year’s Crozet Independence Day Celebration (CIDC) is Tuesday, March 17, at 7:30 PM at the Crozet Firehouse. All are welcome to attend.
- Crozet Community Advisory Council meeting is Wednesday, March 18 at 7:00 PM at the Meadows Community Center. NOTE the change of location for just this meeting! Everyone is encouraged to attend.
- Household Waste Amnesty Days at the Ivy Material Utilization Center (IMUC) in Ivy,
- Furniture/Mattresses on Saturday, March 14, 2015 from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Appliances on Saturday, March 21, 2015 from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Tires on Saturday, March 28, 2015 from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Crozet Trails Crew Trail Maintenance Workshop at Mint Springs on Saturday, March 21 from 8:30 – 12:30. This exciting learning opportunity will be led by Albemarle County Parks and Recreation representatives Dan Mahon and Tucker Rollins, who will train us in trail planning, design, construction, and maintenance, with an emphasis on safety. A pizza lunch will follow the workshop, so please RSVP by March 20 to Jessica@crozettrailscrew.org. (http://crozettrailscrew.org)
The next CTC monthly meeting will be held on Thursday, March 26, 6:30 – 8:00 pm at a NEW LOCATION, La Joya restaurant in Old Trail Town Center (where Anna's used to be).
- Field School Bids & BBQ Bash on Saturday, March 21 at 6:00 PM. $20 Adults, & 10 children. Ticket buys food, beer & wine. Enjoy a fun evening of music by Sarah White, Local BBQ & drihk. Bid on unique items and amazing experiences during the silent auction. All to support The Field School of Charlottesville. For more information call: 434-923-3435.
The next CCA meeting is May 14, 2015 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months (except July).
Join our email list, by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the top of this page.
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.