Crozet Community Meeting
May 8, 2014
7:30PM at the Field School
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’a last meeting's minutes (March 13, 2014) (Click here for draft of March 13 minutes)
Treasurer's Report by Emery Taylor ($10 family contribution for 2014 now payable)
A Moment in Crozet History (Phil James)
Drop-in visit from Albemarle County Police officers (Evening Patrol Division) As part of the Albemarle County Police department community policing.
Presentations: Albemarle Housing Improvement Program (AHIP) update on Orchard Acres and available grants for Orchard Acres home improvements (Joyce Dudek, Associate Director of Community Development and Ravi Respeto, Development Director)
The new Crime Prevention Watch neighborhood sign program, Crozet Safety Corp (Jim Crosby and Tom Loach
- Updates from the Crozet Park (Kim Guenther, Crozet Park President)
- Update on the Build Crozet Library fundraising (http://buildcrozetlibrary.org; Bill Schrader)
- Update and schedule of Crozet Streetscape work.
- Fundraising ideas to raise $1,000 for a “leaf” at Crozet Library giving tree?
- Any update on Barnes Lumber re-development proposal by Frank Stoner/Milestone Partners? http://www.barnes-lumber.com
- Update on Acme Visible Records (Wilson Jones Property) from Sarah Huddle, April 16.
- Recap of Fourth annual Crozet Fundraiser Swing Dance on March 29.
- 2014 Crozet Independence Day Celebration (CIDC) is Saturday, July 5. Parade line-up is 4PM, parade starts at 5PM. Celebration at the park at 6PM and fireworks at 9:30 PM. Next planning meeting is May 14 at 7:30 PM at the Firehouse. All are welcome to attend and help!
- Suggestions for two people to receive the Good Neighbor Award?
- Other items?
Comments and Questions?
- Crozet Community Orchestra (Lisa Goehler)
- Crozet Volunteer Fire Department (CVFD) Spring Fund Drive Raffle – Grand Prize is $16,000! Drawing this Sat., May 10 at the Firehouse. Barbecue pork and chicken dinner at 6PM, Raffle at 7PM. You do NOT need to be present to win!
- Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival, this Saturday & Sunday, May 10-11. They need your help to make it a success. Volunteer at: http://crozetfestival.com/volunteering-our-way-to-a-great-festival/ And also plan to attend and bring your co-workers and friends!
- The 2014 Crozet Farmers Market opened last Saturday, May 3, in its traditional location, the now-renovated parking lot of Crozet United Methodist Church (CUMC).
- Crozet Community Advisory Council meeting next Thursday, May 15 at 7:00 PM at The Meadows. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
- Crozet Trails Crew – Zvarych-Rosinski Bridge dedication on Saturday, May 17th. Be at the first cul de sac on the left in Foothill Crossing at 9:30 am. Park along the road. There is a 10-minute walk on the trail to reach the bridge. Please invite friends and family– this is a great way to see part of the trail and be part of the community too!
- The Field School (our hosts) is sponsoring a speaking event & discussion, titled “Healthy Boys” by Joel Salatin of Polyface Farms at the Paramount Theater on the Charlottesville Downtown Mall on Saturday, May 17 at 10:30 AM. Tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for students and available at http://www.theparamount.net/
- The Field School is having their Second Annual Field School Triathlon on Sunday, May 18 from 8 to 10AM.
- Virginia Broadband (Internet access) Survey: It is critical that all county residents and business owners, particularly those in rural areas, participate in the survey in order to establish important baseline data. Available on-line at: www.wired.virginia.gov/broadband/broadband-survey.
Future Agenda Items?
The next CCA meeting is September 11, 2014 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months (except July).
Join our email list, by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the top of this page.
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.