Also at Thursday's Crozet Community Advisory Council (CCAC) meeting, Ann Mallek read an email she had just received from the Albemarle County Policy department saying they had two suspects in custody related to several burglaries that have occurred over the last two or three weeks. On Friday, the Charlottesville Newplex and NBC29 reported that the police had charged 34 year-old Caleb Limbaugh Rowe is being held without bond, facing four charges of burglary and four counts of grand larceny. The Newsplex article includes more information and photo of Mr. Limbaugh while the NBC29 article contains more details and reports from some victims
Anyone with information that can help police is asked to call Detective Bill Underwood with the Albemarle County Police Department at 434-296-5807 or call Crimestoppers at 434-977-4000
Remember to lock your car doors and house doors!
As reported by Cville Tomorrow the Crozet Community Advisory Council (CCAC) on Thursday night (8/16) heard from our BOS representative, Ann Mallek, about trucks spraying what is likely herbicide along Sugar Hollow Road on Thursday morning. ,
If you see spraying – please call the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, at 540-222-1022. Ann said this is Tom Burke's number at this office.
For further details about the spraying earlier this week and please read the full article at Cville Tomorrow's website.
The next “Local Chef-Competition” Planning meeting
is Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM at the pub at the Lodge at Old Trail.
If you'd like to help with the planning and execution of this charity event on September 20th, please plan to join us at Tuesday, August 21st 7PM meeting . If you can't make it, let Tim Tolson know.
And mark your calendars for the friendly competition between four local restaurant chefs. The event is September 20 at 5:30 PM at the Lodge at Old Trail. The $20 admission ticket will be a donation of $15 to the Crozet Park (to replace the pavilion that collapsed) and the Build Crozet Library fundraising to furnish the new library! TIckets will go on sale August 20!
The next Crozet Community Advisory Council (CCAC) meeting is at its usual date, time and place.
The third Thursday of the month, August 16, at 7:00 PM at the Meadows.
This is a public meeting and anyone is welcome and everyone is encourage to attend.
Their tentative agenda for this Thursday's meeting is:
CROZET COMMUNITY ADVISORY COUNCIL
The Meadows, Crozet (5735 Meadows Dr.)
Thursday, August 16, 2012 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
1. Agenda Review. (Meg Holden – CCAC chair)
2. Approval of Minutes from June 21, 2012 meeting.
3. Public Comment.
4. Project Updates/Information:
* Alan Taylor (CEO of Riverside Mgmt) to talk about development in Westlake Hills (See Note below)
* Update on Downtown Streetscape Projects
* Any news on development of Barnes Lumber Company property?
* Update on Crozet Library fundraising (Bill Schrader)
* Developments at the I 64 Interchange
* CCAC September 20 meeting date conflicts with Crozet Library Fundraising event at The Lodge, can we change the date of our meeting?
5. Old Business
* What is the word from VDOT on road ways in downtown Crozet
* Brief discussion of plans for reconnecting with school PTOs.
6. Items not listed on the Agenda
8. Future Agenda Items.
* Meet with New Old Trail Management
* Start dialogue with schools again
Note: Alan Taylor has been called out of town unexpectedly and can’t make Thursday’s meeting, so that agenda item is postponed to a later date.
Date & Time: Saturday, August 11 from 9:00 to 6:00 & Sunday, August 12 from 10:00 to 5:00
Location: Chiles Peach Orchard, 1351 Greenwood Road, Crozet, VA, 22932, 434-823-1583
Homemade ice cream made with fresh peaches from Chiles Orchard. All proceeds go to local charities and the Lions mission (aiding persons with hearing & sight challenges).