Crozet Community Association Meeting Agenda
September 12, 2019
7:30 PM at the Field School
CCAC meeting will start at 7:00 PM!
(Click here for PDF version of the agenda)
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting’s minutes (May 9, 2019) (Click here for PDF version of the minutes)
Treasurer’s Report (2019 Dues: $10 annual contribution)
Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) may visit and give an update. (Evening Patrol Division)
Update and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor
Presentation: Claudius Crozet Park Facility Proposal (Drew Holzwarth, Claudius Crozet Park)
- Re-cap of Crozet Independence Day Celebration held on June 29, 2019.
- Sponsor candidate forum for local candidates (not state or federal election candidates) in October
- Master Plan Revision events upcoming. Information at: https://tinyurl.com/yxl8wchb
- Thursday, September 19, 8A to 10A at the Mudhouse.
- Tuesday, October 1 – Community Workshop #2 – 6:30 to 8PM at WAHS Cafeteria
- Wednesday, September 25th — United Way Day of Caring at the Park; tackling a variety of projects throughout the Park and can always use more hands. For those interested in helping, just show up at 9:30AM.
- The Crozet Arts & Crafts Festival, October 12-13, needs volunteers. Please sign-up to help at http://crozetfestival.com/get-involved/volunteer/ You get free admission to the Festival just for donating your time!
- Rivanna Solid Waste Authority Hazardous Waste Amnesty Days start Thursday, September 26 with business collection requiring pre-registration with MXI Environmental by September 16th to obtain an appointment. To register, call or email: Scott Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-818-4261. There is a fee associated with disposal.
- Household Hazardous waste on Friday & Saturday, 9/27-28 from 9A to 2P and then the next
three Saturdays in October. Details on our website and http://www.rivanna.org/hhw/
- Crozet Trails Crew Seventh Annual 5K Trail Race, Saturday October 12, at Crozet Park. Details: https://crozettrailscrew.org/ 2019-5k-trail-race/
- Crozet Community Orchestra Concert, Saturday, November 9 at 7:30 PM at the Crozet Baptist Church. Details at: https://crozetcommunityorchestra.org
The next CCA meeting is November 14, 2019 at 7:30 PM at the Field School
Join our email list by signing up at: http://CrozetCommunity.org/contact-us/
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.
CROZET COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE (CCAC) Meeting
at the Crozet Library
Wednesday, September 11 from 7:00 to 8:45 PMAdjourned to 7:00 PM Thursday, 9/12 at the Field School
because Crozet Library lost power before the meeting started.
It will be a shortened agenda, focused on Barnes Lumber Road/Path Discussion. Followed by CCA meeting where the Claudius Crozet Park Facility proposal will be reviewed by Drew Holzwarth (see the CCA agenda)
Click here for PDF (printable) version of the agenda.
1. Introductions and Agenda Review. (Allie Pesch – CCAC chair)
2. Approval of Minutes (Draft minutes of the August meeting)
3. Claudius Crozet Park Facility Proposal (Drew Holzwarth, Claudius Crozet Park Board – 30 min)
4. Barnes Lumber Development Road/Bike Path Discussion (Frank Stoner, Milestone Partners – 25 minutes)
5. Crozet Master Plan Update Check-In #1 (Andrew Knuppel, Albemarle County Community Development – 15 min)
6. Items Not Listed on the Agenda
a. Crozet Master Plan Community Workshop #2: Tuesday, October 1, 6:30–8 p.m., Western Albemarle High School Cafeteria
b. CCAC October Meeting: Wednesday, October 9, 7-9p.m.,Crozet Library (Crozet Master Plan Check-In #2; Crozet, Brownsville and Henley PTO Representatives)
Note: CCAC meets on the 2nd Wednesday of the month
The CCAC’s role and “charter” doc’s are found here:
General CCAC info: http://www.albemarle.org/department.asp?department=cdd&relpage=4422
CCAC Overview & Duties: http://www.albemarle.org/upload/images/webapps/boards/bc/showrecs.asp?ID=12
Crozet Master Plan Kickoff Workshop
Share your vision for the future of Crozet!
Monday, September 9th from 6:30-8:00PM
at Western Albemarle High School Cafeteria
The Master Plan is a visionary document used to guide how development and public investment happens in the future. Your participation is key to this process!
Join us for a fun night where we’ll learn about the Master Plan and how the County plans for the future, and share thoughts and ideas about the future of Crozet through conversation and activities.
The Crozet Community Association (CCA) is helping to host and sponsor this event and the workshops to come.
Dinner (pizza from Sal’s) will be available at the workshop on Monday night, September 9, as well as an activity center for the children (Lego Challenges and drawing stuff). This children’s activity center will have aides there to assist and will be in the WAHS Cafeteria, where all parts of the Workshop will also take place, including the four breakout sessions around the sides of the room, where parents can keep an eye on their children.
About the Master Plan
The Crozet Master Plan is the County’s guiding document for land use, transportation, and parks decisions in Crozet. This is the second revision to the Crozet Master Plan. The original Crozet Master Plan was adopted in 2005 and revised the first time in 2010. The current Crozet Master Plan is available for reference at the Crozet Library or online at Albemarle County’s website.
From September through December, Albemarle County will host a series of community conversations and workshops to identify an inclusive and shared vision for the future of Crozet. Focus area and topic-specific workshops will begin in January 2020, as informed by your input during the visioning phase. All are welcome (and encouraged!) to attend the forums that interest them. The Crozet Community Association is helping with hosting these events and highly encourages your active participation and attendance.
Stay up-to-date on upcoming meetings and events. Sign up for the Crozet Master Plan A-mail list.
Do you have questions about the Crozet Master Plan? They’d love to hear from you. Please send your questions or comments to Neighborhood Planner, Andrew Knuppel
Save the Dates!
Upcoming Community Conversations:
Tuesday, October 1st from 6:30-8:00 pm at WAHS Cafeteria
Thursday, November 7th from 6:30-8:00 pm at Field School
Click here for tentative schedule for the Crozet Master Plan Revision