Crozet Community Meeting Agenda
September 14, 2017
7:30 PM at the Field School
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting’s minutes (May 11, 2017) (Click here for PDF version of the minutes)
Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) may visit and give an update. (Evening Patrol Division)
Presentation: Update from Downtown Crozet Initiative, Inc, Pat Groot
Draft DCI Mission: Our mission is to foster a high quality of life in Downtown Crozet by providing resources to ensure that the inevitable changes in the area preserve the best of the original character while also serving the needs of the present growing population. To that end, DCI, Inc. will support economic vitality and community development in Downtown Crozet and facilitate many of the recommendations of the Albemarle County Crozet Master Plan.
Visit website for further details: www.downtowncrozetinitiative.com
Update on the environmental remediation activities taking place at the former Acme Visible Records site currently owned by Wilson Jones Company (WJC) and the work planned for the last half of this year. Tim Tolson
Updates and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor
- Re-cap of Crozet Independence Day Celebration held on July 1, 2017
- Update from the Crozet Master Plan (CMP) survey committee. Next survey committee meeting is September 26 at 7:30 PM at the Crozet Library.
- Update on Claudius Crozet Park.
- Wednesday, September 20th — United Way Day of Caring at the Park; tackling a variety of projects throughout the Park and can always use more hands. For those interested in helping, just show up at 9:30AM.
- Saturday and Sunday, October 7th and 8th — Crozet Arts & Crafts Festival; we are always looking for volunteers. Volunteers can sign-up by going to http://crozetfestival.com/
- Saturday, November 18th 2-5PM; SK8Crozet Fundraiser and Official Perimeter Trail Grand Opening
- Sponsoring/hosting a local candidates forum in October? If yes, volunteer to organize?
Comments or Questions?
Future Agenda Items?
- Crozet Community Advisory Committee (CCAC) meeting Wednesday, September 20 at 7:00 PM at the Crozet Library. Details and notices on our website.
- Rivanna Solid Waste Authority Hazardous Waste Amnesty Days start Thursday, September 28 with business collection requiring pre-registration via email with John Doffinger (John@careenv.com) or Jim McKenna (Jim@careenv.com) or call to 1-800-494-2273. There is a fee associated with disposal..
Household Hazardous waste on Friday & Saturday, 9/29-30 from 9A to 2P and then the next three Saturdays in October. Details on our website and http://www.rivanna.org/hhw/
- Crozet Trails Crew Seventh Annual 5K Trail Race, Saturday October7, at Crozet Park. Details: https://crozettrailscrew.org/register-for-the-2017-5k-trail-race/
The next CCA meeting is November 9, 2017 at 7:30 PM at the Field School
Join our email list by signing up at: http://CrozetCommunity.org/contact-us/
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.