Crozet Community Meeting
January 14, 2016
7:30 PM at the Field School
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting's minutes (November 12, 2015) (Click here for PDF version of the minutes)
Treasurer's Report by Emery Taylor ($10 family contribution)
A Moment in Crozet History – Phil James
Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) visit and update (Evening Patrol Division) As part of the Albemarle County Police department community policing.
Presentation: Blue Ridge Heritage Project (Bill Henry, President BRHP, organizer) Grassroots effort to honor the sacrifices made by the people of the Blue Ridge Mountains so that Shenandoah National Park could be established and in the provision of a monument in the White Hall district dedicated to the families who lost their land to the creation of the Shenandoah National Park. https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlueRidgeHeritageProject/
Updates and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor.
- Updates and report from the Downtown Crozet Initiative (DCI) CCA sub-committee and introduction of the website: www.downtowncrozetinitiative.com
- Election of CCA officers: Nominations are open for President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Current officers are: President: Tim Tolson, Vice-President: Lisa Goehler, Secretary: Jo Ann Perkins, and Treasurer: Emery Taylor. Candidates must be present at this meeting or have spoken with a current officer about their willingness to serve if elected.
- Planning for Sixth Annual Crozet Swing Dance Fundraiser in March?
Comments or Questions?
- Charlottesville Municipal Band performance at WAHS this summer – Leo Mallek
- Christmas tree recycling through January 17 at Claudius Crozet Park.
- Peachtree Baseball Registration – January 19 at the Field School from 6:30 to 8:30 PM. Additional details at: http://www.peachtreebaseball.com
- Crozet Community Advisory Committee (CCAC) meeting Wednesday, January 20 at 7:00 PM at the Meadows Community Center, 5735 Meadows Dr. Note the location change FROM the Crozet Library to The Meadows Community Center.
- Re-Store'N Station is proposing to amend their existing Special Use Permit (SP2009-34) to allow for an expanded convenience/retail store, a drive-through window, office space, and an auto repair shop.
- These uses are by-right within the Highway Commercial (HC) zoning district. The SP is required for uses permitted by-right but not served by public water exceeding 400 gallons per site acre per day. A new SP is required for the proposed drive-through window.
- Additional details and documents related to this new application from Re-Store'N Station will be posted on CCA by this weekend at http://CrozetCommunity.org/ccac-info
Future Agenda Items?
The next CCA meeting is March 11, 2016 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months (except July).
Join our email list, by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the top of this page.
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.