Crozet Community Meeting
March 13, 2014
7:30PM at the Field School
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’a last meeting's minutes (January 9, 2014)
Treasurer's Report by Emery Taylor ($10 family contribution for 2014 now payable)
A Moment in Crozet History (Phil James)
Drop-in visit from Albemarle County Police officers (Evening Patrol Division) As part of the Albemarle County Police department community policing.
Presentation: Albemarle County Police Officer Andy Gluba, the Blue Ridge Division Crime Prevention Officer. About Community safety and preparedness.
Updates and news from our supervisor, Ann Mallek.
- Updates from the Crozet Park (Kim Guenther, Crozet Park President)
- Update on the Build Crozet Library fundraising (http://buildcrozetlibrary.org)
- Planning for Annual Swing Dance fundraiser on Saturday, March 29.
- Salute To Swing Band and beneficiaries will be WARS, CVFD, and the Crozet Library
- Update and schedule of Crozet Streetscape work from Frank Pohl. Follow status at: http://albemarle.org/CrozetStreetscape
- Other items?
- Crozet 2014 Independence Day Celebration is Saturday, July 5. Come help us plan!
- Barnes Lumber re-development proposal by Frank Stoner/Milestone Partners. http://www.barnes-lumber.com
- Other items?
Comments and Questions?
- Crozet Community Advisory Council meeting next Thursday, March 20, at 7:00 PM at The Meadows. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
- The Crozet Lions Club annual Spring Clean-up Day is Saturday, March 22, 2014. Meet at the Meadows at 7:30AM. A free breakfast follows at 9AM. Anyone welcome (free breakfast!).
- The Crozet Lions Club annual Pancake Supper is Saturday, April 5, from 5:00 to 7:30 PM here at the Field School.
- There are vacancies on the Crozet Community Advisory Council (CCAC). You are encouraged to apply. Vacancies listed: http://albemarle.org/department.asp?department=bos&relpage=3206 And you can apply on-line at https://www.albemarle.org/boards/
- Friends of JMRL Annual Spring Book Sale, March 29 to April 6 from 10A to 7PM at Gordon Avenue Library. Details at: http://www.jmrlfriends.org
- Rivanna Solid Waste Authority will hold a Household Hazardous Waste collection event on Friday, March 14, 2:00 to 6:00 pm and Saturday, March 15, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm at IMUC. Details on CrozetCommunity.org website or the RSWA website: http://rswa.avenue.org/materialuctr.htm
Future Agenda Items?
The next CCA meeting is May 8, 2014 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months (except July).
Join our email list, by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the top of this page.
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.