Crozet Community Association (CCA) Agenda
November 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM
The Field School Auditorium
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’a last meeting's minutes (September 12, 2013) [click here for PDF file]
Treasurer's Report by Emery Taylor
A Moment in Crozet History (Phil James)
Possible Drop-in visits from Albemarle County Police officer (Evening Patrol Division) As part of the Albemarle County Police department community policing.
Presentation: All about the Crozet Safety Corps (http://www.crozetsafetycorps.org) Jim Crosby and Tom Loach.
Updates and news from the Board of Supervisors chair and our supervisor, Ann Mallek .
- Update on the Build Crozet Library fundraising (http://buildcrozetlibrary.org)
- Updates from the Crozet Park and the Crozet Trails Crew (Phil Best; www.crozettrailscrew.org)
- Update on the Streetscape Project. (Click here for PDF file of these updates.)
- Community meeting, Tuesday, December 3rd at 7PM at WAHS library. Click here for flyer giving details about this meeting.
- Voting on motion to raise and contribute $1,000 to Crozet Library fundraising.
- Other items?
- Smash and grab break-ins at Mint Springs Valley Park last Saturday afternoon.
- Election of CCA officers occurs at our next meeting, January 9, 2014. Nominations are for President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Current officers are: President: Tim Tolson, Vice-President: Mary Rice, Secretary: Jo Ann Perkins, and Treasurer: Emery Taylor. Candidates must be present at the January 9 meeting or have spoken with a current officer about their willingness to serve if elected.
- Annual Swing Dance fundraiser in March
- Other items?
Comments and Questions?
- Ann Mallek will hold two town hall meetings, the first at 10 a.m. Saturday Nov. 16 at the White Hall Community Center. The second at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 19 in the community room at the Crozet Library.
- Monday, November 18 from 6:00-7:30 PM at the Crozet Library Community Room, public meeting about the status of environmental remediation at old Acme Visible Records plant
- Also an information binder is kept at the Crozet Library Reference, ask at the desk.
- Crozet Community Advisory Council meeting next Thursday, November 15 at 7:00 PM at The Meadows. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
- Crozet Santa Parade, Saturday, December 1st, 3 PM. From Wayland Drive to the Firehouse.
Future Agenda Items?
The next CCA meeting is January 9, 2014 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months (except July).